I've really struggled with my little man the past couple of weeks. It has to be an age thing, as I have talked with several other people who have 3-4 year olds and some have seen the same behaviors. He's just been so sassy, and refuses to take no for an answer for anything, and whines...etc. etc. He has also thrown a few temper tantrums this past month which is really out of character for him. So with all of that being said, I really have to take these moments that make me smile and remember them, as these are all parts of being age 3...going on 12!
Due to the rain, we were stuck inside all day today which had both of us going crazy. I offered to play "house" with him, as I had heard him and his friend Ben playing that last night. Gage then tells me, "You be the mommy and I'll be the daddy". He "leaves" to go to work, and upon his return, I asked him, "So, daddy, how was your day at work?" to which he replied, "I just hanged with my coworkers".
I laughed out loud.
"Co-workers? Where did you hear that word?"
"My daddy told me about his co-workers".
****
When playing with his matchbox cars and trucks, I picked up a blue truck and said, "I've got a blue pick-up" . Gage replied, "That's not a pick-up, it's a muddin' truck!"
I looked a little closer at the truck and sure enough, there were mud splatters along the sides of it. It most definitely was a "muddin" truck.
***
After noticing that it had started to rain really hard again, Gage went to the patio door to look out. Within a few minutes, I noticed it was quiet, so I said, "Gage?" and found the patio door open. When I looked out back he was nowhere to be found, so I went to the garage door and looked in the garage. I called his name again and when he still didn't answer, I started to walk out toward the driveway. There I found my little boy, in sweatpants and a t-shirt, barefoot, and riding his bigwheel all around the driveway. It took him several minutes before he noticed me standing there, with my hands on my hips, pretending to be mad. I had been watching him stop and pick up worms, just chatting away to himself. It was very sweet. A very typical little boy, just playing in the rain without a care in the world.
Needless to say he knows he is not to go outside without permission, but I did let it go this one time, as he's usually really good about letting us know.
No comments:
Post a Comment