It may be some comfort to know that these toddlers don't really want to drive us crazy, they just want to understand how we work.
-Alison Gopnik

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Yuck, Yuck, and more Yuck.

Awhile back I found myself absolutely cringing while reading my friend Jaci's post about her son puking all over himself.

Well. It happened to us. On Saturday night at my dad's house while the poor kid was sleeping in a pack n play.

We spent a wonderful night out with my friends Kim and Lori, their husbands and their boys (they each have two). We decided to have a nice dinner and activity for the boys rather than buy each other presents this year. We had so much fun, and so did the boys. We kept Gage up rather late (10:30) but we've always been very strict on bedtime and figured one time wouldn't hurt. The kids were snacking all night, and running around with the same amount of energy that they probably wake up with in the mornings!

Gage went right to sleep when we returned to my dads and we woke up to his crying at 1:00 am. Although waking up crying has been his normal for awhile now, and we usually let him fall back to sleep, this time Tim thought he'd go and get him so he didn't wake up my dad. All I heard from Tim was "Oh my God, Jill, you have to come in here". Well. I will not elaborate, but I will just say it was terrible. Thinking that he just had an upset stomach from being up late and all the food he had eaten, we cleaned him up (Daddy and Gage took a shower in the middle of the night together) and I brought him into the bed with me. He got sick again, and again, and again....until at least 6am.

Needless to say, we packed up and headed out of there by 10 AM and have spent a lazy day here at home today. Grammy Shoe didn't even get to see Gage this weekend, she was so sad. And although "Bumpa" Tom did get to see him, he didn't really get to spend much time with him due to us leaving so early in the day today.

Now I am just praying I will not get it.

I will post some pictures later with the boys working on their cute "craft" of marshmallow snowmen.

4 comments:

A Day In The Life.... said...

Oh no. That is awful! Hopefully he's doing better and that you and Tim can avoid it. Ugh.

Swanson Family said...

Hope Gage feels better and you or Tim don't get it. No fun at all.

I am looking forward to the craft pictures... and maybe some of the adults out on the town?

Jaci said...

OMG! It is the worst feeling isn't it?! Seeing your baby covered in puke in the middle of the night confused, sick, tired, out of sorts--it'll just break your heart. I just hope he feels better, and that you guys don't get it. And I hope the pack-n-play cleaned up OK for ya. :o)

jenny said...

oh that is horrible! hope he is feeling better and you both avoid it! ish!