It may be some comfort to know that these toddlers don't really want to drive us crazy, they just want to understand how we work.
-Alison Gopnik

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Baby Boy(s) update

I have been very bad at updating this site. I have been trying to wrap up my lia sophia business, and just have 3 more parties to go until I take a break for the rest of the spring, summer, and at least, early fall.
My sister has been here for a visit, as well as to celebrate Easter; I have been dealing with some back issues after about noon each day! I feel great in the mornings when I first get up, but after lunch time, I am really in need of a rest. I will be taking belly photos of myself at 24 weeks today, provided I leave these clothes on and don't change into sweat pants! It has been fun watching peoples' expressions when they ask my due date and I tell them, "August 3rd". Then, I wait a short moment before saying "...with twins". Then their expressions change with an "Oh, I see" kind of look...because I AM starting to look darn close to a full-term pregnancy with a single baby!
Thus, the backaches! Otherwise, I really am feeling good. I am currently craving avocados. I eat at least 1 per day, either on a sandwich, plain, or with chips. NOT guacamole, however. That is of no interest. Just plain ole avocados. It's actually become a joke around here. ("Who ate my avocado?!? I've been looking forward to that ALL DAY!")
Oh, and Easter candy hasn't been much of a help. I have eaten more chocolate-covered marshmallow "anythings" (eggs, bunnies, etc.) than I have in my whole life. Yum. Just plain yum.

We had our 24 week appointment today. Katie was here so she got to come along and witness her very first ultrasound. Both boys are measuring right on track. Baby "A", has switched position and is now laying on my "under" belly, with his head down, and feet straight up. He measured 1.8 oz and had a heartbeat of 155 bpm. Baby "B" measured 1.9 oz. and had a slower heartbeat of 137 bpm. I terms of percentages, they are measuring at 41% of a single baby at this stage...so no concerns. So smaller of course, but there is not as much room AND they are sharing the nutrition sources (avocados and marshmallows....niiiiiice) that I'm giving them. I am eating very healthy though...not just the above mentioned. Lots of fruits, veggies, water, and protein, and trying to lay off the extra carbs a little bit!

Starting now, I will see the Dr. every 2 weeks already. At 26 weeks I'll see him just for an office visit, and then at 28 weeks for another ultrasound, and we'll do that probably to the mid-30 weeks....

This is going SO FAST! I cannot believe it. I am going through baby clothes today I think. I'm in the MOOD!

Post to come later today or tomorrow of Easter pictures. I have some really nice ones.

3 comments:

The Foskett Family said...

I am so happy to hear this update...I can't wait to meet the little cuties! And I'm sure the big brother will have lots of fun stuff to say about his brothers when they arrive!

Swanson Family said...

How exciting. I have been missing your posts. I know you are busy, so it is great when I can get out there and see a new update from you on everything.
I hope Easter was fun. hard to believe that the boys will be here in short order! Enjoy!

Love Mar

Anne said...

I had a grilled cheese sandwich with avocado in it, and it was AWESOME-- cheddar and pepperjack cheese, black bean & corn salsa, sliced tomato, and avocado. AMAZING!