These twins have been the best, yet most exhausting thing that has ever happened to me.
I feel as if I tend to exaggerate sometimes, however I have been told by my most frequent helper, my mother, that it truly is an exhausting job and I'm not just making things up!
From the moment I wake up each morning, until I close my eyes at night, I am 100% in "baby" mode. I hold, feed, change, bounce, hold, feed, change, from 5 AM through 9 PM. Then, I get a small break from 9-1:30-2:00 AM where I feed and change again, and then another break from 3-5AM until the whole day starts over again.
I haven't been able to regulate any type of nap system yet, as when one is napping, the other is wide awake. I get the awake one fed and/or to fall asleep, and the sleeping one wakes up. When they fall asleep during the daytime, I try to put them in their crib, but it lasts less than 10 minutes. For example, after finishing the second paragraph of this post, Landon woke up from sleeping next to me on the couch, and he is now laying in the boppy eating, with the bottle propped up against my chest so I can have two hands to type for once. Bronson, currently in the bouncer, is starting to fuss, so my post will need to be cut short.
I have become an amazing multi-tasker. I felt I was good before these guys came along, but now I feel professional. No, I don't expect a reward, I'm just focusing on the positive aspects of my current job. I am not trying to be cynical, or at sound as if this isn't a blast. I'm just keeping it real, folks. I am tired. I am exhausted, and I am trying my best to stay positive at all times. The road has just been a little more bumpy than I had expected it to.
As for "updates", everyone is doing good . Gage is a great kid. He has adjusted so well to these additions to our family and continues to show nothing but love towards his brothers. He's getting super smart on us too. It was letter "B" week at preschool this week and he needed to bring something in for show and tell that started with the letter B. All on his own, he said he wanted to bring his "Beedie"which is his name for his blanket. Just saying that stumped me, as I wasn't sure he was wanting to bring it for the right reason. So I asked, "Why do you want to take your Beedie?" to which he replied, "Because Beedie starts with the letter B!" (like "Duh, mom!"). I was impressed. I also caught him trying to open up a piece of candy in the bathroom and then he quickly stuffed it into the drawer, so that he wouldn't get in trouble. He told me he was trying to "sneak" it. I promptly took it away, stating that had he just asked me if he could eat it I would most likely have said "yes", but because he was being sneaky, I wouldn't let him.
The babies are both smiling a lot now. They are such sweethearts. Even with having a 3+ day spell of diarrhea as Landon has had this week, he can still smile and coo at me while I'm changing his raw bottom.
They are so worth it, of course. I'm in love! But I am very tired...
and sometimes wish for a moment of peace throughout the course of each day...
Wish me luck.
No comments:
Post a Comment