It may be some comfort to know that these toddlers don't really want to drive us crazy, they just want to understand how we work.
-Alison Gopnik

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Fabulous Weekend

Two posts in one weekend; things MUST be going good, eh?

I can't say enough good about this weekend. What is funny about this, however, is that it's one of the few weekends my mom and Ken didn't come up to help out and give us a little break. Out of the past 11 weeks, my mom has been here 9 of them I think! It's weird not having her around. I even said to a couple of my friends this past Friday, "Can you even believe my mom made other plans this weekend?" I'm kidding, of course. Sort of.

Anyhow, Friday was low key and relaxing. Our nephew Hunter came up for a weekend visit and to go hunting with Tim Saturday morning. It was nice to see Carrie for a very short visit as well. I also made two homemade meals this week; one on Thursday (a roast with potatoes, onions, and carrots) and a pork roast with BBQ sauce on Friday night. On Saturday, I was able to get a workout in, which was one of my many goals of the day. It ended up being my only one reached, as the babies were rather needy the first part of the morning while Tim, Hunter, and Gage went duck hunting.

Saturday afternoon three dear friends and their kids came for a visit. Marilyn, Jaci, and Leah. They brought dinner, did my dishes, held my babies, picked up, AND brought diapers!!!! What awesome, wonderful friends. Seriously, ladies. The whole day meant a lot and I was sad to see you all go.

The babies slept for the ENTIRE, and I mean ENTIRE night on Saturday. They were down around 9pm and didn't get up until FOUR A.M. !!!!!!! Then, they both went back down and slept til between 7-8. CRAZY! Tim stayed home w/ all three boys on Sunday after church and I did a little bit of shopping and errand running. We will just be sitting down now for a homemade dinner of chicken soup that Tim made.

See....life is getting better! Every day!

5 comments:

The Foskett Family said...

That is so sweet that your mom is so great at helping out (not that I am at all suprised cause she is of course a huge part of the reason you are such a super person) and I'm so glad that your fabulous friends were there to help out this weekend! I am sure they were just so happy to hold little babies as their's are growing up fast! I am glad you got a workout in and errands run and that Tim got to hunt. I know it is extremely difficult most days, so it's always good to hear about days like these! I hope the boys have found a new sleep pattern and stick with it for a while! (the next 18 years???)

jenny said...

sounds like an awesome weekend! good friends, good food, good babies - yey! so glad everyday keeps getting better for you! :)

Jaci said...

It was the bath! The chaotic, crazy, "helpful" bath given by one big toddler and three little toddlers. Zonked those babes right out!!!

Glad you guys enjoyed a nice night of sleep. It was wonderful to see you all, hang out, help out a teensy bit, and catch up. They are BEAUTIFUL! Q keeps asking when he gets to sleep on the big air mattress at Jill's house??

A Day In The Life.... said...

It was fun to see you and the kiddos. They are so precious! Glad you had a fantastic, sleepful night!

Swanson Family said...

It is the bath. always worked like a charm with my kids. especially if they were even crying during the bath, then feed them, then out like lights. it is all about getting them in teh routine fo calming down! I guess we need to come every Saturday? then leave Jaci and the kids for bath time! :) I'll do the dishes and clean anytime! glad we could help.