There is nothing more peaceful than sitting in your quiet house, sipping coffee and staring at a newly decorated, lit Christmas tree on a morning close to Christmas.
It is rare that my house is quiet these days, but the very early morning hours I am usually in luck. Landon is usually the first awake between 530-630, but he will fall back asleep after his bottle and a little awake time. Bronson will get up between 630-730, and Gage would sleep until 9 if I let him!
Therefore, I take this time for myself, to just sit in the quiet, or check my email, or catch up on a recorded show.
Things are still crazy around here, but I am trying so hard to embrace each moment. It's not easy for me to do, as my mind flies all of the time, thinking of things I "should" be getting done, or "should" be doing. I should clean, organize photos, update the blog, pick up my bedroom, get Gage into an art project, do more tummy time with the babies. But each and every one of my days Just end up being "functioning". I need to keep everyone happy, fed, clothed, and entertained. When all of this is complete, I still need to take care of myself and that is usually 9 pm and I'm ready for bed! For any parent, I'm not telling you anything new. And I am not complaining. I am just sharing my current feelings.
This first year is going to continue to be a struggle, but I just have to keep my "embrace the moment" mentality, and remember that what is important will get done and everything else will follow behind. I find myself resenting Facebook these days as all I see is whatever everyone else has gotten completed for the holidays, and I tend to forget that most of those people don't have two small babies right now...
and that in a few years I will feel more caught up and more complete when it comes to holiday preparation and whatever else it is I'm attempting to work on!
Anyhow, enough of the ramblings. I just felt the need to post this morning, and I will do my best to update with pictures soon. My mom tends to take most of the pictures lately and I need to wait until I can upload them off of her camera. Fortunately, she still comes up a lot to help out on the weekends, so I'll be seeing her again this weekend as we attempt to bake some Christmas cookies, with all three kids present! Wish us luck!
1 comment:
Good to hear from you babe! Can't wait to see you on Sunday and chat for awhile. Have a great week, and keep on keepin' on!!!!
Post a Comment