It may be some comfort to know that these toddlers don't really want to drive us crazy, they just want to understand how we work.
-Alison Gopnik

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Random

I want to say that we lead a fairly boring life, however in our world, it's never boring. But when it comes to posting about things, it would sound boring to the average reader.
Therefore, I'll give a little update on each of the three of us...as I haven't done that in awhile.

Gage: Busier than ever, talking up a storm, and getting very sassy and rather challenging at times. We'll start with the negative and work our way up: Gage is speaking so well now. The other day when I had scolded (and startled) him for something (like sticking his finger in an outlet...all the way, still can't believe he didn't get a shock or worse!) he cried hard for a good 3 minutes. When he was all done, he looked at me and said, "You hurt my feelings" plain as day. Talk about making a mama's heart melt right there on the spot! Aw. "I'm sorry," I said, and even after explaining "why" I had yelled, I still felt kinda lousy!
He likes to try and join in on our conversations, too, so he'll start jabbering and it will come out kinda of like this: "Mama, me, daddy, go to the Y, (mumble mumble mumble) me go to, kid room, pay (for play) kid room, at the Y, mama exercising, b-ball, mama pay b ball at the Y". Seriously. He will go on and on and on, and I can't help but smile, knowing full well that I've created this non-stop-talking monster! I love it! It's great.

Now, onto the naughties. He tests us each and every time he can. He will look right at you after you've said, "Please don't throw that again" (or whatever it is he's not supposed to do) and do it anyway. He has to sit in a time out on his bed now rather than in the same room as us. Seems to be working quite well. He also is into saying "potty" words. "Mama poopie, Daddy poopie"...
he is not allowed and gets a tap on the mouth and a time out when he does it after being told not to. Sometimes, after saying "Mama poopie" and after I've given him the "look" (pointed chin, flared nostrils, pursed lips a.k.a "Barb look" he will say, "Mama go poopie on the potty", just to kind of cover up that he was saying "potty" words when not talking about potty! HA. Again. Stinker.

Tim: Gearing up and getting ready for the upcoming deer hunting season and his annual trip to North Dakota. He works out like a crazy man...3-4 times a week at minimum, lifting weights, drinking protein and other soup-like shakes that he says make him big and strong. Well, they are working. He doesn't like me to brag, but Tim's down nearly 75 lbs. since January--all on his own! Exercise and eating better! It's awesome and I'm so proud of him. He looks great, is always in a good mood, and really seems genuinely happy with his lifestyle changes. He still enjoys his work, but work is work, and with the economy struggling, so do the sales! But I think all is secure for now, and we'll just keep praying it remains that way.

Jill: Busy as ever with the jewelry biz, playdates, YMCA classes, time with friends, and time with family. Each week consists of a little routine and something new and different to throw into the mix. If I do an out of town show, I travel back to one of my parents' homes during the week, and we work around that schedule. I'm blessed to have the flexibility in my life right now. Never quite sure how long it's going to last (the busy business, OR the flexibility) so I'm taking it for all it's worth right now! I have a lot of fun stuff coming up in the next couple of months. A couple of girls-only shopping days, and a scrapbook weekend in January. I'm almost all done with my Christmas shopping this year, which feels GREAT! I am not doing any major baking, but Gage and I will make a few batches the few weeks before Christmas to give to some friends and neighbors as a holiday gift. We are sticking around home this Christmas holiday, so that will be nice, too.

I think that is about it. Sorry I don't update on here more often. It's just the last thing on my list to do...and I just don't get around to it. Someday I'll have more time. Like when I'm working FULL time. HA HA HA

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone. This season let's all be thankful for everyone of our blessings--our families, our spouses, our children, our pets, our jobs, cars, the food we eat, and the list goes on and on. I've heard of too many "sad" things this year that always bring things back into perspective for me.

Take care!

1 comment:

Jaci said...

Great to hear from you sweetie! I love the updates & can appreciate how blogging is the last thing on the list of To-Do's.

Thanks for being in my life!

:o)