It may be some comfort to know that these toddlers don't really want to drive us crazy, they just want to understand how we work.
-Alison Gopnik

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Two Steps Forward...

...one step back.

My kid wants to revert back to being a baby.

When I went to look up old pictures, I realized that both sets of these pictures were taken almost 2 years apart. The "baby" pictures were taken in November 2006, when Gage was 4 months old. The "now" pictures were taken within one week of each other...at age TWO years, 4 months.





Story behind the above picture:
Yvonne and kids were over and Gabby is successfully potty trained. Gage doesn't want much to do with it until he sees another child going on the potty. Well, we were all in the bathroom doing the group thing because Gabby had to go potty, and Gage wanted to "try". After two grunts and a toot, he took off running, pantless, down the hall.

This is what I found. Gage in the bouncy seat (that I had brought up for baby Sophie to use during lunch) with Sophie's pacifier in his mouth. Both legs up, just like he used to do as a baby.

Hilarious. And definitely blackmail material to use at age 16.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, this is really random, but I seriously love that reddish color you have in your living room. What paint is it? Color? Just for future reference?

Jill said...

Too funny! I will look it up and let you know! I have the color swatch around here somewhere...

Swanson Family said...

omg too funny. Gage so grown up!