So definitely a bit bigger this time around. Even though I shouldn't have to justify my size, I CAN tell you that I have gained 11 lbs. and am feeling great. My biggest complaints at this point are a few backaches and some starting problems with sciatic nerve pain. I have heard of this bothering other pregnant people, but I didn't experience any problems during my last pregnancy. Basically, I get shooting sharp pains that start in my butt cheek and shoot down my leg. Lovely!
We had our 20 week ultrasound and appointment this past Thursday, March 19th. They are still BOTH BOYS (I asked the Dr., "Did we lose a penis in the past month?" and he said, "No!"), and are both growing right on track. They are each measuring the correct length, weigh about 12-13 oz. each and all of their measurements are looking good, including their bone length, head circumferences and hearts!
In terms of whether they are going to be identical or fraternal; we really do not know. The Dr. has said that sometimes you won't know until the actual birth, when you compare features, size, etc. Sometimes you can tell when the placenta is tested (by routine, the placenta will be sent out as they are twins) but we will also have the option of performing a blood test which would be an out of pocket expensive cost and not covered by insurance. We will NOT be doing the blood test!
The Dr. did say that he felt the features looked rather similar; so whatever that means. I think identical twins would be fun, but of course, it just doesn't matter at this point!
So fun!
Really! This is FUN!
The Dr. did say that he felt the features looked rather similar; so whatever that means. I think identical twins would be fun, but of course, it just doesn't matter at this point!
So fun!
Really! This is FUN!
6 comments:
Cool pics!!
Love the update! I am so excited for you and baby a and baby b! soon they will be here! YAY
You look great and very cool pictures of the babies.
those ultrasound pix are so cool! What fabulous keepsakes! AHHH!! How fun!
Jill! These pictures are so great! I am really looking forward to seeing your 2 baby Fox's! Tim has got to be so excited! 3 boys, I still can't belive it!
Anonymous...who are you!?!? Cara!?
Post a Comment