It may be some comfort to know that these toddlers don't really want to drive us crazy, they just want to understand how we work.
-Alison Gopnik

Monday, August 17, 2009

Busy Life

Hello, we are still here. Actually, we don't get out much...

The babies are keeping us very busy, to the point where I have a difficult time getting a shower in daily when Tim is back to work. Thank God for great friends who have continued to visit and help out. My friend Lisa stayed today so I could take a 2.5 hour nap. It's those type of gestures that mean so much right now...being sleep deprived sucks.

The babies are doing good; growing like weeds, of course. We are having some feeding issues right now as they have been falling asleep during feedings and not taking in too much food at each time. This results in feedings every hour on the hours, which is a bummer, especially during the night times. We've switched bottles today, so hoping that we see some better results from here on out.

We've also been dealing with an eye infection that they've passed back and forth between themselves. It resulted in Bronson getting weighed last Friday and he is 7 lb. 3 oz already, and Landon has to be very close to that. They will have their 6 week check up next Thursday already! How time flies!

Gage is doing well. We've had some expected challenges with him...vying for our attention. But no matter what a stinker he is to Tim and I, he is a fabulous big brother. He has not showed one ounce of aggression to either of his brothers. He is very loving toward them, kissing them often, and even helping to feed. The other day when he finished feeding Landon (I was right there, of course), he took the bib and gently wiped Landon's mouth with it, just like a gentle little daddy. It was precious. He loves them so much, and will even talk to them and say, "When you get bigger, we can go outside on my swingset" and things like that.

Here are a few pictures that I have time to upload....






Here Gage all dressed up at Gabby's house; as you can see he didn't want his picture taken and actually got in a time out for spitting at me right after I took it!

For those wondering how I feed two babies at a time, here is a picture I took of myself right after feeding both boys...
it's rare I have to do it this way, but when they are both screaming at the same time, I put one against each leg and just sit and hold the bottles!


Bronson

Landon

4 comments:

Jaci said...

I absolutely love that shot of your 'system' with the boys & their feedings! Love it. It's one of those rare insightful moments into life at the fox's house!! Hang in there babe. Wish I could be there to help every day!

:o)

The Foskett Family said...

I love it!!!! Definitely a GREAT idea!!! I wish I could be more helpful to you.....hmm how could I sneak out of Toddler land to visit the Foxes?....those little cuties are growing soooo fast and I can't get over how grown up Gage Thomas Fox is. I knew he would be such a great big brother~I am so glad you let him help with the twins!!!

Swanson Family said...

Very cute. I love the pictures. I can't believe they are almost 6 weeks old, where does time go?

Enjoy!

A Day In The Life.... said...

I'm with Jaci - the picture of you and the twins is priceless!!