It may be some comfort to know that these toddlers don't really want to drive us crazy, they just want to understand how we work.
-Alison Gopnik

Monday, August 3, 2009

They're Always Listening....

So today was my very first day home alone with all three boys. Tim went back to work. I did fine, even though it is going to be a learning process....but that is neither here nor there.

This post is about something hilarious that happened at dinner tonight.

Tim and I were talking and he made reference to my being home alone with the three boys now, and it would be stressful for me, and he made a comment as to whether or not I could handle it without help, etc.

I was a little offended, and exclaimed, "Of course it's stressful! Getting used to having just HIM around here was stressful!" (and I nodded at Gage).

Gage, who was eating and quite obviously listening intently exclaimed, "I'm not stress-able!"

It was too funny. I wish you could have heard it.

3 comments:

The Foskett Family said...

Gage Thomas Fox cracks us up!!!

jenny said...

hilarious! you have got that right - they are ALWAYS listening! good luck flying solo with your little guys!

Swanson Family said...

so cute! the THINGS KIDS SAY!