
Ah! I cannot believe I am even typing this out! Gage is turning FOUR years old on Monday. Four! It just doesn't seem possible to me that he is four years old already. Yet again there are many days that I wonder what I even did in my "before Gage" life. I mean...
did I really shower without hearing "Mom, are those your boobies?"
Did I really eat an ice cream cone alone, sitting outside of the Dairy Queen, and actually enjoy it?
Did I ever sit outside by myself on a warm summer evening and enjoy a Mr. Freeze pop?
Did I ever listen to what I wanted to in the car, instead of nursery rhymes or the "B-I-B-L-E" song by "Go Fish"?
I don't know if I ever enjoyed my life as much as I have these past 4 years of being a mom. They have been the most wonderful, challenging years of my life, and I wouldn't trade it for the world. I remember standing in an empty, quiet nursery about 4 years ago to this date, staring at an empty crib trying to picture what it would look like to have a baby lying in it, sleeping peacefully. I then remember just a few days after bringing Gage home, standing in the same spot with tears in my eyes still having a hard time believing that there WAS a baby lying in there, and that he was all mine. I remember the first time I heard, "Mommy, I love you" come from Gage's mouth. He said it at bedtime and I stood outside his door and cried.
I wouldn't trade these years for any amount of money, time, fame, or fortune.
I wouldn't trade the whining, the temper tantrums, the vomit, the scuffed walls from dump trucks (that belong outdoors,) or the scraped knees and elbows from wrestling matches with the driveway (which always wins).
I wouldn't trade one second of the past four years of my life for anything except the guarantee that my little boy, my first born, will always remain little in my heart.
Happy Birthday, Gage Thomas Fox. You are an amazing little man. You are goofy, funny, silly, sociable, and you love your little brothers so much. You have since the moment they came home from the hospital. You love to play with your friends, you love to dance, you love to rhyme and sing outloud. When you get mad you like to beg, and whine until you finally realize you are not going to get your way, but you try.
You are fun. You are lovable and loving, and independent and cuddly.
We love you! Happy Birthday!



5 comments:
happy birthday Gage... Ty tells me its "fun to be four momma" so hopefully you will feel the same way!
Just so you know, Jill. I had to redo my eye make-up after reading this and looking at the pics of Gage. Sure do love that little man of ours.
Happy Birthday to you Gage! Hope you had an amazing day.
Happy Birthday Gage Thomas Fox! Hmmmm....last year you got a set of twin brothers~I wonder how your parents will top that?
Wow Jill. You are so very rich. It is awesome that you can reflect on the joy your kids bring you. Way to go.
Post a Comment