It may be some comfort to know that these toddlers don't really want to drive us crazy, they just want to understand how we work.
-Alison Gopnik

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

After 3 consecutive arguments in a row, all about random and pointless things, this was the conversation that followed:

Me: Gage, why do you always insist on arguing with me about everything?
Gage: I don't argue
Me: Yes, Gage, you do. Every time you ask me a question and I give you an answer, you say, "uh-uh, no...." and then you disagree with me.
Gage: No, I don't.

The kid is seriously driving me over the edge. My mom used to tell me how she used to ask me to "Please, just be quiet for a few minutes", because I used to talk too much. (Who, me??) I guess paybacks are a b*tch. I ask him that all the time...

And it doesn't work.

I don't think it did for my mom, either.

Sigh.

6 comments:

Swanson Family said...

Love this, I think its the 4 year old thing! They never stop!

The Van Nuland Family said...

Oh it will only get better. I have my 5 year old talking back to me and has to have the last word.

The Foskett Family said...

OMG....If the 4's are even more challenging than the 3's, I may need a lot of liquor to get through the next 2 years!

Jill said...

Oh, I drink a glass of wine (or more!!) every night except Mondays and Wednesdays!!

Jill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jaci said...

Yep, mine started talking ergo sassing and arguing at 2 and haven't stopped yet. They outnumber me and out-logic me most every time. It's tough...we had a doozy of a night ourselves.

:o)