It may be some comfort to know that these toddlers don't really want to drive us crazy, they just want to understand how we work.
-Alison Gopnik

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

The boy who called wolf.....his name was GAGE!

Tim is working from home today, and as I was taking a shower, little Gage man toddled into the bathroom with Tim's work phone in his hand. I yelled to Tim that Gage had his phone, and Tim came into the bathroom to take it away. He looked down and noticed that Gage had hit the emergency button and had called 911. Tim received 3 phone calls from the dispatcher, asking if everything was alright. THEN....(now this is funny) a sheriff's deputy came out to our house!!!! I guess Gage had hit the button earlier than we thought as they had several minutes of "shuffling" noises that they heard, and wanted to be sure that all was okay. I was tempted to let out a blood curdling scream from the bathroom, but realized that the taxpayers were paying for all this bologna and decided I wanted to Tim to stay home today and not spend the day in jail for a false domestic abuse charge!!!! (Oh, that's not even FUNNY!)

Anyhow, the deputy was very nice and went on his merry way without even meeting Gage or I....

At least we know the emergency response is a good one out here in the sticks!!!!! Happy 4th of July!

No comments: