It may be some comfort to know that these toddlers don't really want to drive us crazy, they just want to understand how we work.
-Alison Gopnik

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Welcome to my world...

As the title of our blog implies, things are crazy around here.  Here is just a quick run-down of what my day was like (and mind you, today was a REALLY good day.  No complaints, nobody is sick, mommy wasn't crabby).

-I attempted to take the babies w/ me on some errands while Gage was at daycare.  I do not do this often, especially since it's so cold, but I just have to attempt it once in awhile.  Makes me feel like a real trooper.  Especially when I
  • find that businesses do not have handicap-accessible doors and I have to try and pull/push a double stroller in and out of 2 sets of doors, while shoppers and store clerks watch me with, "What the hell were you thinking?" looks on their face.  Yeah, and they rarely help.
  • HEAR the phrases, "Wow, you're a trooper" or "My, you have your hands full" at least 4 times per shopping trip/outing.
The babies were really good and all went well until I thought it would be a good idea to try on a few bathing suits.  (Upcoming swimming lessons for the babies, I NEED one).  I then caught myself explaining to them ALOUD the unfairness of the fact that they would never have to try on bathing suits as they would just get to pick out a couple pairs of cheap swim trunks every couple of years.  I also explained to them in great detail my hurt feelings as to the havoc they have wreaked on my body.  But that I still loved them.  A whole bunch.  Really.

-Due to teething and the increase of solid food intake, I am changing approximately 12-15 crap-filled diapers per day now.  No sh*t.  (No pun intended).  My hands and knuckles are as dry and raw as ground hamburger.

-I was told by my 3 year old son that I don't "know the football rules as good as daddy".
"WHAT?"  I can yell, "Blue-Blue 49, Hut-Hut" just as loud, however I have no idea what it means. (And like he does, either!)

-When it was time to put his pajama's on, the aforementioned 3 year old dropped his Vikings sweatpants (worn for the 3rd time this week--yes they are clean--I do laundry every day) and yelled, "It's Penis time!"


Sigh.

I really do love my life.
I just really like wine, too.

4 comments:

The Foskett Family said...

I love your posts!!!! The always make me feel more normal! I once spent a long time telling my youngest how lucky he was that he would never have to deal with tampons....and continued to ramble on about the fact that they should at least give you the things for free on account of all of the pain and suffering that goes along with them. Later that day, I heard my oldest telling my dad (who was of course distraught about the Packer loss) "at least we don't have to be messing about tampons"

Jaci said...

a) hilarious story there by the Foskett Fam. Love it! Seriously chuckled out loud...

b) are you sure it wasn't Tim who said it was penis time?

c)I usually just point and laugh at people with an arm full of stroller and a 3 year old and start throwing condoms at them...

d) my new theory is buy 2 of every thing that my kids remotely enjoy. So that when the cammo sweats go in the wash (in our house uuuummmm weekly is a stretch), they at least have a back up reserve pair. And our new thing is wearing the EXACT same out fit. So i have bought 4 pairs of cammo pants, two a piece, exact same. It really is just for my headache.

e) you ARE a trooper.

Can't wait to see you tomorrow!

Swanson Family said...

this was great. love it. kids, I tell you... they are lucky they are so damn cute!

jenny said...

this post totally made me smile. then i busted a gut at the end - KIDS! where do they come up with this stuff? lol!