Wow.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, and again, and again...
"My life is nuts!"
I know I have been very bad at updating this blog. I have to tell you that it weighs on my mind each day. "Should I write something small, just to check in?" "I need to get downstairs to upload a few pictures quickly so I can update the blog".....It runs through my mind daily.
The babies were very sick all of last week and part of the previous week. After 3 Doctors' visits in 6 days, chest X-rays and blood work were finally completed to discover bacterial pneumonia. We had two very bad days of zero sleep and very uncomfortable, miserable boys. But the antibiotics run through Saturday so other than a little diarrhea which is usually accompanied by antibiotics, everyone is quickly on their way to recovery. Including myself and my mental health!
I haven't done overall updates in awhile, and although I will not be adding pictures at this time (I REALLY hope to do that this weekend when my mom is here!) I want to give you some info on each of us, and how we are doing in our lives right now!
Tim: Continues to be very busy at work, and as expected, while at home while raising 3 kids under 3! He works so hard some days, staying up for hours after everyone is sleeping, working on his computer and sending emails. He continues to work out regularly and although his hunting schedule was cut to a minimum this past fall, he was able to get his annual bird hunting trip to North Dakota in, as well as a little deer hunting back in my hometown. I keep telling him he has years and years to hunt with his three sons....while this mama shops!
Me: I am your very typical Stay-At-Home-Mom. I have been spending a good majority of my days indoors since the babies have been born, as I know it's only temporary and someday I will long for the days to just stay home during the days! I am doing pre-school and playdate drop-off and pick-ups during the week, and my one place for sanity happens to be the gym. I have picked up a kettlebells class which I plan to do regularly two times per week for the next several months. For anyone who is not familiar with kettlebells, I highly suggest looking them up on the internet and if there is a class by you, JOIN! They are excellent for strengthening all parts of your body, but tend to focus on the core. These babes did a number on my guts, so I am in desperate need of some help there. I also plan to sign up for my first half-marathon to be ran on May 15th. I've located a training schedule and my plan is to start training for that this coming Monday.
I try to get out of this house when I can, whether it is to meet friends, or run errands alone, but am patiently waiting warmer days (aren't we all??) where I can get everyone outdoors a little more often and just breathe fresh air. It will come, it will come.
Gage: Oh, Gage. He is our little entertainer, philosopher, negotiator, and the list goes on and on. Two of my friends have recently put conversations they've had with their 4 year-old sons on their blog and they make me laugh out loud. I am having the exact same conversations with Gage on a daily basis, and those mostly take place in the car. He wants to know "how" and "why" practically everything "is"...."Why is that house yellow?" and "Where do the bears live?" "Will we see a fox today?" "Why does it smell like cow poopie?" and "Did the cows poop on the road?"
Of course many of OUR questions differ from many others' due to the fact that we live out in the country...
but everything needs a specific answer. The answer that I then give then need specific explanation, and this could go on forever if I don't finally say, "Gage, we'll just have to talk about that later" or plain and simple, "Gage I just don't know, so I'm going to stop answering your questions right now". I know that sounds mean, but it can be super exhausting coming up with life lesson answers for every ride to and from town! AH!
He continues to go to preschool two days a week and loves it, and we also have him in a "sports sampler" class on Saturday morning for the next few weeks, just to burn off some of that energy! The poor kid has been so wild come 5pm, and if it hasn't been too cold one of us takes him outdoors to play for a little while, but we are all missing those 5-8pm hours of play that we spent outdoors this summer and fall. Gage has also started to "get" games, and game play. We play the game "Zingo" at least 2-3 times per day, as well as "Go Fish", "Hi Ho Cherry O" and "Memory". We are really working on sportsmanship, taking turns, and being fair. He is doing really well. He receives special "time" with mom and dad every night from 7-8 after the babies go down, that we really encourage good behavior for. He has lost this time, and had to go to bed early, or without a story or game playing when he hasn't behaved well during the day, but for the most part, he really does well throughout the day, knowing he gets that time with us all to himself!
Bronson likes to be upright in either his exersaucer or jump-a-roo, and only last for a little while on the floor. No rolling over yet...and really hates tummy time. We try, we really do, but he absolutely hates it. I plan to talk with the Dr. about that tomorrow (6 month appt.) as I know Gage was spending a lot of time on his belly by 6 months, and I want to make sure he is not lagging too much behind. Bronson tends to be a little bit more mellow of the two boys, and is very smiley, but quiet about it. He will "coo" and smile at you out of the corner of his mouth....but is very content with his nuk, snuggled in his mama's arms, just laying there looking up at you with his big, dark eyes. He's a honey.
Landon: Landon tends to be a bit more animated than his brother. Landon is the one that will grin from ear to ear the minute you give him one ounce of attention. He will also giggle out loud anytime you play with him, or smile at him for longer than 10 seconds! He is my "eater". Hasn't gagged on anything yet, and tends to have his mouth open the minute after he swallows, waiting for his next bite.
Landon doesn't mind his tummy time and quickly pushes himself over with either arm every time he is placed on his belly. He can spend a lot of time playing on the floor, as he can roll from side to side to pick up toys he may see. He also enjoys his exersaucer and jump-a-roo time, and will not take a nuk and doesn't like to be cuddled close as his brother does. He DOES like to be held (and prefers it, of course!) but would much prefer to sit on your lap facing out, paying attention to the rest of the world.
No teeth for Landon yet, however I'm sure he is not far behind.
It has been so fun seeing these personalities develop in our little men. They are both sleeping through the night (when healthy, of course!) and are really loving not only one another (they hold hands all the time) but absolutely ADORE their big brother Gage. They stare at him and watch his every move. When he plays with them (which he does more and more often), they giggle and smile and you can tell there is an instant brotherly bond there, among all three of them. It completely melts my heart.
We have signed the babies up for tot swimming lessons to start end of February. Both Tim and I plan to take a baby, while Gage will spend that time in the gym's daycare. We've promised Gage that we will come and get him for his own swimming time once the babies are done. I know he'll be sad when the time comes, knowing his brothers get to swim with mommy and daddy, but it's only fair. The babies deserve that time with us, and we feel we've done a very good job of giving Gage a lot of special time with each of us.
I've taken on a challenge (I think?) of blog posting once a day for every day in February. I may be lacking in the information department, but even if I quickly post a "Hello, today is a good day!" or "Wow, today really sucks", I am going to make that count. So tune in during February to see if I'm able to come up with any good material. The pressure is on....
6 comments:
What a fab update!
I agree--it's fantastic to hear from you my dear! Thanks for taking the time to update us all. I can't wait to see you in the not-so-distant future.
Good luck at the blog-o-rama, it's a big commitment, but it's also kinda fun!
later gator--jd.
Thanks for the awesome update!
great update. great to hear about everyone.
your first 1/2 marathon. WOW. are you running it with someone? what made you want to do this? I remember when you told me you couldn't run a mile! silly girl!
Is gage only 2? I got confused with the 3 under 3? he will be 4 in July right? no? maybe I am off?
At least Feb is a short month. I should have taken that month! :) good luck and I am sure it will be way more entertaining then my stupid posts.
Awww....I am so happy for a nice update.....6 MONTHS already...you've GOT to be kidding me!!! I am glad to hear the babies are ____________ but I can't say the words for fear of jinxing your sleep patterns! I will look forward to tuning into Feb. DAILY posts....that does sound fun, I might try it myself sometime! Have fun training for the Half Marathon....I am going to take a running class this summer at the gym since Brad is so gung ho about running....as of now I couldn't make it to the mailbox and back, but I'll be running back to the computer all of Feb...to hear about my Favorite Foxes!
Mar, yeah...I think I meant to say "3 kids 3 and under"...I just wrote it wrong. Our boys are the same "grade"...Gage will be 4 in July.
I know...a half! I have nothing to lose but weight...and I just love making and trying to achieve goals.
Post a Comment