It may be some comfort to know that these toddlers don't really want to drive us crazy, they just want to understand how we work.
-Alison Gopnik

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Milestones


Gage is really starting to pick up a lot of what we are trying to teach him lately. His newest things are "Giving 5's", when you stick your hand in front of him and tell him to "Give me 5", he slaps your hand a couple of times and then giggles. He is also playing pat-a-cake and doing "Soooo Big" on request. His latest, and favorite, is waving "Bye-Bye" (or maybe its "Hello"?)
I was in Target the other day and I heard a woman behind me laugh and say, "Well, hello there!". I turned around and she was responding to Gage, who was waving at her.

He really has turned out to be a little ham; he makes this throat-clearing noise when he wants your attention and he does that in public, usually at someone sitting at the table next to us in a restaurant, or while he's sitting in the cart at a store. He'll sit there and make throat clearing noises until someone that HE is looking at looks back at him, and then he'll smile and laugh and try to keep their attention.

Wonder where he gets his personality from??

2 comments:

Jill said...

Leave a comment! I chanced it so that you can post a comment, even if you don't have a google account. Mom, Dad, Katie--I know you've all been here but nobody is saying anything! I like to see who has been visiting, as the visit counter is going up but nobody is leaving a message! :)

stacynguyen said...

Commenting! = )

Annika's doing "growling bear" impressions for attention, she and Dam just feed off each other when this gets started. She's waving and applauding, too. Hysterical.