It may be some comfort to know that these toddlers don't really want to drive us crazy, they just want to understand how we work.
-Alison Gopnik

Monday, May 14, 2007

My First Mother's Day

I don't have any pictures to add to this post as of yet; my mom took some really nice pictures of us but they are on her camera and she is sick today. (Get better soon, Mom!)

I had a WONDERFUL Mother's Day weekend. On Saturday, my mom and I went to Cannon Falls to the Cannon River Winery for their "Girls Day Out" event and we browsed and did some shopping while drinking a glass of wine. We then headed to the mall to do a little more shopping and treated ourselves to a super yummy dinner at the Olive Garden. I love my little man, but eating a dinner in a nicer restaurant without dealing with the highchair, Cheerios, and food-throwing was a BLESSING!

On Sunday, I ran the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer 5k at the Mall of America (it was a great run!) and then my mom and I met my friend Karen and her mom Gail to do the 5k walk. This is the 4th year we have done the walk together. We then met Tim and Gage out for lunch and then treated ourselves to Culvers! YUM!

Gage made me a beautiful garden stone with his name, the year, and his very own footprint...all with Daddy's help. It's so cute, and I can't wait to put it in the yard of our new house! (Daddy said that Gage tried 5 times to make the print of his hand but he kept wanting to make a fist and squeeze the cement, so Daddy got a good footprint on the 3rd try!). Tim then surprised me with a beautiful birthstone ring (Ruby-both my and Gage's birthstone) that I was not at all expecting. I received several cards and emails wishing me a "Happy First Mother's Day", and all brought tears to my eyes. I felt so appreciated, and yet I felt like the one who was so blessed. I have a wonderful mother and a beautiful, healthy little boy---life couldn't be better!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was nice to see you at Race for the Cure.