It may be some comfort to know that these toddlers don't really want to drive us crazy, they just want to understand how we work.
-Alison Gopnik

Monday, August 13, 2007

Good News, Good Times






I heard back about the job today.....and I got it! I am super pumped about this. I am feeling really good about going back to work. It has been about 13 months since I had a paying job!
So for the details: I will be working for St. Croix County's Department on Aging as a Day Program Coordinator for the day-away social program for adults with early onset Alzheimers/Dementia. This program is basically respite for the caregivers, and a positive and safe social outlet/location for the participants. The program is held Mon-Fri at different locations throughout St. Croix County, and I will be working at the New Richmond site one day per week, and the Woodville (about 15 miles from my house) one day per week. The program runs from 9:30-2:30 each day, with coffee time and lunch provided, but the rest of the day, I get to develop and implement programming with the help of a volunteer (that I will supervise!) I am SOOOOOOO excited to be back doing what I LOVE to do...and am so blessed that I found something so ideal for me right now. I can be home with my little man 3 days per week, but out of the house doing something productive the other 2! YEAH! I hope to be able to start in a week or so, as they know I need to arrange daycare and are being very flexible with me with my start date. Wish me luck!

We have been pretty low-key since mid-July when things were very busy for us. We spent a day back in Farmington last weekend at the Dakota County Fair with my cousin Chris, his wife Shelly and their baby Jonathon-it was hot, but a lot of fun! We also visited some of our old neighbors, who seemed very happy to see us. We have been rather lazy with house projects (took us about 3 weeks to hang curtain rods in the living room and bathroom!) but are enjoying the house nonetheless, and know we have plenty of time to get things done. It will happen. I have made a couple friends here in NR, all of which have boys around Gage's age! That has been nice, as we've spent a few evenings sitting in the driveway and letting the kids play while we sit and talk.

This weekend is Carrie and Donny's wedding in Shell Lake. Hoping for a breezy 80 degree day as all is outdoors! Should be beautiful no matter what the temperature. Looking forward to watching Gage dance as that seems to be the new thing. I will post picture next week of the family and of course, the bride and groom!

Tim was out of town last week for work for a few days so Gage and I were invited to Yvonne and Brian's house for dinner and we let the kids eat ice cream and play. Yvonne dressed Gage up in a little chef outfit, super cute. He has not been cooperating with getting his picture taken lately. He refuses, literally REFUSES to look at me when I am trying to get his attention. Little stinker. Which, he has been. He has been slapping us in the face, as well as hitting the dog, and we are really trying to nip that one in the butt! Ha! The (never-ending) joys of parenting!

2 comments:

The Foskett Family said...

YEAH! I am so HAPPY for You! I know you are going to be GREAT! I think the Childcare Center will be so lucky to have Gage for a couple of days each week! Great News!

A Day In The Life.... said...

Congrats on the job! Sounds like you will be doing some great work!
Yes, the summer flew and we never did get all the boys together again. Maybe we'll have to do an apple orchard trip early this fall.