It may be some comfort to know that these toddlers don't really want to drive us crazy, they just want to understand how we work.
-Alison Gopnik

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Something Fun

My friend Leah (A Day in the Life blog site) periodically puts these types of things on her blog site, and I find them very interesting and a great way to get to know my friends better. These really got me thinking, and although it didn't necessarily make me feel "old", I was kind of surprised at how much time in my life truly has flown by. Even when reading Leah's, she mentioned that 3 years ago she did the Breast Cancer 3-day 60 mile walk, and it seriously seems like JUST YESTERDAY that she did that....and yet its been 3 years! Ikes. Read below and enjoy....and if you have your own blog site, copy and paste and share with the rest of us!

20 years ago I...
1. Was in Mr. O'Leary's 5th Grade Class, becoming friends with Lori (who I am still friends with today)
2. Wanting and not wanting to wear my first bra. I wanted to, so that I could feel older, yet the boys were snapping bra straps at that time, and I was afraid to have that happen to me.
3. Got to have my first locker. I had to share with someone else, and we didn't have combinations on them yet (that was for "BIG" 6th Graders), yet I had a locker and NOT a cubby!

10 years ago I...
1. Was in a "new" relationship with Tim, we met in Sept 96 and were hot n' heavy during 1997!
2. Was entering my junior year of college at Stout, working part time at a jewelry store, and trying my best to have fun!
3. Lived in a cool apartment with Holly and Jill

5 years ago I...
1. Bought a house
2. Got married 9-21-02
3. Got a dog, Jazz


3 years ago I...
1. Was enjoying married life
2. Went on a vacation to Cozumel, Mexico
3. Spent a fun vacation in New Jersey/NYC with my sister Katie, and we walked through the subway tunnels a bit intoxicated at about 11 pm singing "If I Was a Rich Girl" (na na na) because we liked how it sounded when it echoed.

1 year ago I...
1. Had a new baby boy 7-5-06
2. Was still obsessing about not fitting into my pre-pregnancy jeans!
3. Went to my mom and Ken's wedding

So far this year I...
1. Moved into a new house, in a new state (Wisconsin)
2. Got a new job (Part-Time)
3. Have watched my son grow into the funniest, most interesting little man!

Yesterday I...
1. Mopped my floors
2. Mowed part of the lawn
3. Spent a great afternoon and evening with my cousin Christopher, his wife Shelly, and their 4-month old Jonathon. Oh, and we had our 2nd bonfire of the year!!!

Today I...
1. Cleaned up the kitchen and swept the floor
2. Had breakfast with Gage
3. Haven't even showered yet, or changed out of my pajamas and it's almost noon. I love IT!

Tomorrow I...
1. Will go to my friend Yvonne's and meet Stacy for dim sum (at the Jun Bo restaurant, and I've never had it but they keep raving about it).
2. Mapquest the location of the senior center that I have to work at on Tuesday for my first "official" day of work!
3. Go for a run once Tim gets home, b/c I am going to run a 5k with Jenny in the beginning of October and I need to get in shape!!!!!

In the next year I...
1. Will go on a vacation with Tim and my sister Katie and husband Johnny....probably to Mexico or someplace warm.
2. Will try to get pregnant again!!!
3. Will continue to slowly decorate my new house and make it a comfortable looking/feeling home!

your turn! slap this puppy on your blog and share your history!

No comments: