No pictures to include, but Tim and I went on our first date night (yes, alone!!!!) in many, many months! We have be so fortunate to find a babysitter...3 actually, all from the same family! The oldest of the three, Kate, is 16 and drives and we have had her watch Gage twice now. She is so good with him, and he doesn't even cry when she puts him down for the night, OR when we leave the house. What a reassuring feeling for us!
Tim and I tried a local restaurant, "The Refuge" located in Hammond about 6 miles east of our house. They serve a lot of wild game, which Tim was all excited about and he ordered the elk while I stuck with the traditional filet mignon. VERY DELISH. And would you believe that we had an appetizer of escargot (yeah, in Hammond, WI!!!!!) which Tim loves and I tried for the first time. He'll eat it again and I will continue to live without it. That's all we'll say about that.
A high school friend of Tim's lives about 10 miles West of us in Houlton, WI and they had a end-of-summer party on Saturday night. After our dinner, we headed over there and played some games and drank a few beers around the campfire. It was so good to get out!
Upcoming events in the Fox household:
1. painting the hallways (that are currently sponge-painted gray)
2. Cousin Hunter is coming this weekend to stay with Tim and Gage while
3. I am gone visiting my sister in New Jersey from Friday night through Monday night.
I haven't been to NJ since New Year's 2006 when I was several months pregnant and suffering from major morning/daytime sickness! So, I am really looking forward to getting out there and hanging out with just my sis. I will miss my boys, really I will, but I deserve this time away too and will take full advantage of it! NYC, here I come!
2 comments:
Glad to hear you had a night to get out!! Amazing how those become so far and few between isn't it?
Have a great time in NJ.
Congrats on slipping a date night in! Pretty nice, aren't they?
Wanna get together in St. Paul sometime in the next week or two? Pick a date and let me know. There's a Curious George thing going on at the MN Children's Museum downtown that I have some coupons for if you're interested.
Have a fun trip!
Post a Comment