So this job that I was so excited about? I quit. Yep, you read that correctly. After being there less than two weeks, I quit.
I had very valid reasons, and if you were lucky enough to call me, or receive a call from me between Monday night and Wednesday morning you most likely assisted in my problem solving. Or at least had to hear about it.
I really did beat myself up over it. I pondered. I questioned aloud, "What will people think of me if I quit already?" and "What if I ever want to apply there again, in a different department?"
Then I asked myself, "Whose life is this anyhow??"
What it comes down to is this: I am blessed that I can be so picky. I am a full-time stay at home mom who wanted to get out of the house a couple days out of the week and if I am going to be paying for daycare, I want my job to be of enjoyment to me. I want to look forward to going, and be okay with the fact that I am dropping my son off at daycare while I'm enjoying myself and doing something productive. Many things came about within my first few days that had me down-right dreading the position. I would be doing much more work than my paid time allowed, and the money really wasn't all that good. (Really...it was comparable to my very first job out of college and may have even been a bit less). Therefore, after really thinking about it, I quit. And I have to say I feel so much better. Gage even smiled after I hung up the phone and I dropped down to the floor in a huge "sigh" as the stress of this decision really had me in a physical state the past few days! I am not a quitter, and I hate nothing more than letting someone down...especially myself. But, there is something better out there for me. Even if I don't find it for awhile (a few years, another baby??) I will find it eventually.
Oh, and about those pictures I promised?? They're coming...
1 comment:
Oh, my....You and I need to talk. Everything you wrote sounds just like what I was putting myself through about six years ago when I got a new job at Northfield High School. I also quit after two weeks.
Wanna get together sometime for lunch or shopping?
Post a Comment