It may be some comfort to know that these toddlers don't really want to drive us crazy, they just want to understand how we work.
-Alison Gopnik

Sunday, February 24, 2008

One Great Weekend

What a wonderful weekend, and it's not even over yet!

My sister flew in last week Wednesday as she was missing Gage and wanted to spend a few of her days off with us. I was so glad that she was here, as I had a very busy month with my jewelry sales and along with a lot of computer and paperwork to catch up on (This job is keeping me BUSY!) Gage was experiencing a terrible bout of teething (all 4 incisor teeth are coming in at the same time) AND our internet went out for a day. While she was here, I was able to get caught up on cleaning, work, and get ready for a "Beezatch" night that I hosted on Friday night.

Due to bad weather in NJ, Katie ended up staying overnight on Friday and becoming an "honorary" beezatch, even though there really isn't anything formal that needed to be done. She just needed to drink a bit, eat bad food with us, and talk a little dirty every now and then. I think she did alright. :) As mentioned in previous posts by me as well as Jaci, Mar, and Leah (the only Beezatches currently with blogs!!) Beezatch nights are SO much fun and very well needed by each one of us. We celebrate job promotions, motherhood, pregnancy, and offer support to one another (and well needed mental health breaks) when jobs suck, spouses are driving us crazy (these are my words, hubbies, so no freaking out) and kids are sick or being challenging! We did all of the above (eat, drink, and talk dirty) as well as "Try" to play a game of Catch Phrase. It's amazing how alcohol can get in the way playing those games...

On Saturday I had a jewelry party and work to do, so Tim and Gage had a really nice time playing outdoors (heat wave of about 30 degrees!) and we spent the evening indoors playing and watching the Disney Channel. Gage was so cuddly all day. It was great.

Now for Sunday, I am still doing my work, getting ready for our meeting with our tax guy and Gage JUST woke up from a nap and we are headed to the Y to go swimming. With that being said, I'm signing off, and will hopefully have more to update on later in the week. Thanks to my friends for a great Friday night-looking forward to the next one!

2 comments:

Swanson Family said...

Thanks for hosting, it was a great time. Sorry I pooped out so early, I missed all the juicy stories. I can't wait for the next one.

Jill said...

Well it wasn't like you didn't have an excuse! We were just glad you were there after having had such a rough, long week! It would never be the same without you!!