It may be some comfort to know that these toddlers don't really want to drive us crazy, they just want to understand how we work.
-Alison Gopnik

Saturday, June 14, 2008

My Promise

My mom and sister both made comments to me on Friday about how they check my blog several times a day, just waiting for a new post, only to be disappointed that I haven't added one...
and I know how that feels, b/c I have my list of blogs that I click on most every day, and wonder, "What's Up?" when someone hasn't posted in awhile.

Well, if I was bad before I found out I was pregnant with #2, then all I can say is "It's not going to get any better for awhile". Starting last Monday, the sickness started up. I never say "Morning sickness" b/c with my pregnancy with Gage, it lasted from the time I woke up until the time I went to sleep. Sleep was my only blissful time...
and it seems to be this way again with #2.

I don't feel quite as bad this time around, but it's not "good" either. If I had to rate my sickness with Gage on a scale from 1-10, I would have labeled it a 9.5 on most days. This time, I would say my worst day thus far (today) was probably close to an 8. I don't know if it is literally "less" worse, or if my mindset is just different. I remember going through it the last time thinking, "This is never going to end. My life will never be the same. I will never enjoy this pregnancy" (blah, blah, blah, amidst tears and feeling-sorry-for-myself sobs). This time, I KNOW that there is an end, (and a wonderful one at that), and even though my life WILL never be the same (as it was before #1, or now, before #2) I have a lot more to keep me busy now...like an overactive 2-year-old...a new house...landscaping that I had a brilliant idea to re-do about 4 weeks ago...than I did when I was pregnant the first time. So I'm not sure if this is a round of "less sickness", or if it's just in my head that it IS temporary, that I need to "Buck up, Camper" and move on.

With all of that said, it is not fun, and it's a pain when you're in the midst of it. I am not getting much done around here, and in fact, never even took a shower today and wore the shirt I slept in last night all day today. (No deodorant! Ewwwwww......but do you even SWEAT when you're laying on the couch???)

My promise is that I will be uploading new pictures on Monday night. I HAVE to be on the computer to prepare for a Wednesday night jewelry show, and I will not be on the computer tomorrow as it's Father's Day and I'm spending the day with my family. Therefore, when you click on this site on Tuesday morning, you will see some really fun pictures of Gage from the past couple of weeks, and maybe even some of me while lying on the couch working very hard at growing my new baby.

I don't like to let you people down (my large viewing audience of about 20 (give or take) that you are.....

4 comments:

We are Three said...

Jill- since I am a lurker on your blog and I enjoy your stories I'm glad to hear that you will be sharing more posts.
So sorry about the all-day sickness- at least there is a generic for Zofran now that isn't quite as spendy!! I know how much it sucks but there is an end in sight. Good luck and get some rest.
Kara

Jill said...

I had heard from my sis-in-law that Zopfran was now in generic. Which is AWESOME, b/c when I had #1, they were about $40 a pop, and my insurance would only cover 8 per month. Fortunately, I don't yet feel to that point where I need it yet. WHEW.

And also "K" (Kara,right?) I have actually met you before. We rode together to Mar's bridal shower several years ago....Di drove and we picked you up in EP I think. Anyhow, I remember looking at pics of your son.

We are Three said...

Yes we did meet before. I remember you being sick at the shower and saying that Zofran was so expensive that you rationed them.

Jaci said...

I also love that you're going to post more--because I miss ya! I love hearing all the gory details & fun (and not so fun) stuff that's going on. I also check daily (sometimes twice if I get time to do the rounds again later).

Hang in there! Love ya! -jd.