It may be some comfort to know that these toddlers don't really want to drive us crazy, they just want to understand how we work.
-Alison Gopnik

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Our Goofball



I know, we are the ones responsible for this behavior!

Story behind the photo:
This is the storage bin that we put Gage's mega blocks in. Several months ago, I came home to "Watch this, Mommy" (spoken by Tim), while he proceeded to say to Gage, "Do you want to go Night-Night?". Gage said yes, grabbed his blankie, got into the box, pulled his knees to his chest and laid down. Tim then put the lid on the box and there Gage stayed. He actually gets mad if you take the lid off after a minute or so (being paranoid and afraid that he would suffocate!)

About 2 weeks ago, Gage and I were playing blocks, and Gage crawled in as usual and said, "Nigh-Nigh", which indicates that he wants me to put the lid on. So I put the lid on, and then lifted the box. The face he was making cracked me up so later that evening when Tim came home, we did it all over again, but this time I had the camera.

Again. Tim and I fully understand what we are creating here. A true goofball, who is the full product of his mother and father!

2 comments:

Jaci said...

I love that he's a goofball. In all honesty I didn't even notice the top was on the container, but that makes it even funnier to me! I love nutty kids!!!

:o)

Swanson Family said...

These are the best moments to capture and share with them later in life!!! Love it!