It may be some comfort to know that these toddlers don't really want to drive us crazy, they just want to understand how we work.
-Alison Gopnik

Monday, June 30, 2008

It's My Blog and I'll Cry if I Want To

Be warned: The following post contains nothing but self-pity, a bunch of moaning, and some complaining. If you aren't in the mood, scroll down for some funny past pictures of Gage and come back in two weeks when mama is feeling better.
(Don't say I didn't warn you).

Hi! How is everyone this bright and beautiful Monday morning? How am I, you ask? Just fricking peachy. Really. I constantly feel as if I'm on a boat, rocking in the deep sea. I have the energy level of a turd. I feel like I have been drinking beer for 9 days straight and am just detoxing myself today. Oh, and my son is filling his diaper for the 2nd time today, as we speak, and it's not even noon.

But really. I'm alive. I'm growing a baby that will hopefully turn out to be healthy and happy, and I'm alive. I'm not nearly as nauseous and vomiting hourly as I was with my first pregnancy, and I'm being stubborn this time around and refusing to take any nausea meds, as I feel that I can take it. But I am feeling a little crappy, and looking it these days, too.

Tim and I just finished up our June project of redoing the landscaping in the front of the house, with Tim participating in most of the hard labor, and me digging a few holes and directing. We are preparing for Gage's 2nd birthday party this weekend, and are just trying to get through the next 2 weeks so Jill can come back to the life she knows and actually participates in.

As sarcastic as this post is, I really am taking things in stride. Whereas with my first pregnancy I would curl up in the fetal position almost daily and bawl my eyes out, never knowing if and when I'd ever feel "normal" again, this time I know that it is truly temporary and the end result is better than I could ever imagine. So now I know that it is worth it...and that helps me not to cry and to actually know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Being 10 weeks pregnant, I know that in just a few weeks I should be back to my old self and these posts will actually be fun to read again.

Enjoy your week, and have safe 4th of July. We'll post birthday pictures after the weekend!

4 comments:

Jaci said...

I like these kind of posts, only because I'm the master of them myself! Like you say, it's your blog--it's what's going on in your life...post if you want to!

It sounds like you could go for a big juicy bratwurst with a giant pile of sauerkraut and some hot dijon mustard? (Did that make you want to throw up?) Ha!!

Take it as easy as you can, and keep on keepin' on. You're a wonderful mom!

Jill said...

As a matter of fact, Jaci, "yes" that did just make me want to throw up. Or, go and have diarrhea.

Bitch.

jenny said...

oooh! i hope the boat stops rocking soon!

enjoy your weekend and here's to hoping the next two weeks just fly by! :)

Swanson Family said...

Kepp trucking, 2 weeks and it will get better. Thinking about you lots and hope all gets better soon.