It may be some comfort to know that these toddlers don't really want to drive us crazy, they just want to understand how we work.
-Alison Gopnik

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Busy-Ness

Things have really picked up around here at the Fox household.
The jewelry business is C-R-A-Z-Y. It's so funny to think I started this on a total whim, "just to see" how it all turned out. Let's just say I am completely booked up for both September and October with 5+ shows during each month. This month, I'm doing 4 actual shows, and running 3 catalog shows!!! This is NUTS! I had an awesome party last night, and got THREE more bookings. Insane. Truly and totally insane.

I am loving it, but it really does keep me busy. I have Gage in daycare one day a week (um, let's see. 9 AM on a Thursday morning and I'm blogging?? Yep, daycare day!)
I am usually on the computer doing work stuff the entire day. I almost feel that I need another day sometimes, just to keep me part of the family during the evenings, as I feel like I'm working every night some weeks!

I am also leaving for my 2nd and final girls' weekend this summer. I am going scrapbooking at my bi-annual location in Augusta this weekend. I go to the same place in January and August. My mom is going again this year, as well as my friend Karen and her mom, and my cousin-in-law (I should just start saying cousin!) Gina. I am really pumped, but have a lot to do today to get organized. To many non-scrapbookers/crafters, it may sound utterly boring, but it really is a good time, and a fun way to spend a weekend getting caught up on projects that I am working on, and don't have time to do at home. We eat bad, chat, and scrapbook! It's a blast.
I am bringing running clothes this time so that I exercise both days while I'm there. Otherwise, in a few years, I'll have scrap butt. (A.K.A. one big fat butt that results in eating bad and sitting on your rear for 48+ hours straight). Don't want that! (Or, maybe I already do????)

Therefore, I will sign off for now. But I just like to try and post at least once per week, to make this blogging thing worth it! I think I hit two posts this week, which just may result in an all-time record!

Have a nice weekend!

1 comment:

jenny said...

wow - that's awesome that business is so good for you! :)

have fun at your getaway - sounds like a great time.