...and maybe even a little inspirational?
I know I had mentioned that I wouldn't continue to talk about my recent miscarriage on my blog. And although I shouldn't have said that, as this IS my life, and in turn, my blog, I wanted to share something with those that are reading.
I met with my Dr. today for an appointment she called "An Emotional Follow Up". She just wanted to meet with me to make sure that not only am I doing better physically (and I definitely am), but that I'm healing emotionally, taking the time to grieve, and also moving on. In talking with her, I had told her that I am not at all bothered by the still continuing questions from people I may see that do not know I miscarried, and that I even feel bad for the person asking the "How are you feeling?" or "You're still looking good, barely even a bump" comments. I don't get teary-eyed, or wish the questions wouldn't come...
they come from people that do not yet know, and therefore how could they know not to ask?
She reassured me to not feel bad for the other person, and that maybe we are all here to "tell our stories" in the hope that we may help someone someday.
I returned home today to an email I received from someone I know (but do not communicate with very often) that shared with me that she had experienced a miscarriage many years ago. These were her exact words today in her email....
"I think sometimes crap like this happens so someday you can comfort someone else".
I just thought it was interesting that these two comments came to me in the same day...
from two unexpected sources.
1 comment:
I agree Jill! Totally. And of anyone I know I think you'll take that advice to heart & help be someone else's guiding light in their time of need--knowing that you too experienced it, and found a way through it all.
Absolutely.
Post a Comment