It may be some comfort to know that these toddlers don't really want to drive us crazy, they just want to understand how we work.
-Alison Gopnik

Saturday, November 20, 2010

20 Questions Meme

Twenty Questions Meme

I haven't done one of these in forever...and I've also been bad at checking blogs on a regular basis. By the looks of the "number of visits" on my own blog, I'm thinking that I don't have quite the following as I used to have, either. I suppose that would be my own fault, as sometimes I go a good month or so in between posts. But, here goes...
and if I tag you-feel free to play along, or if not...that is fine, too!

I was tagged by Leah at "Day In The Life".

RULE #1 : People who have been tagged must write their answers on their blogs and replace any question that they dislike with a new question formulated by themselves.

RULE #2 : Tag 4 people to do this quiz and they cannot refuse. These people must state who they were tagged by and cannot tag the person whom they were tagged by. Continue this game by sending it to other people.
(Frankly, I don’t care if the tagged ones refuse to take part in this meme. Honestly, we don’t need bossy memes telling us what to do in our lives. I’m also cool if you want to only answer half as many questions. Twenty questions is a lot.)

1. If you have pets, do you see them as merely animals, or are they members of your family?
100% members of the family. My husband and I have a hard time understanding why people get dogs and just leave them outside all of the time. I know many people do it, and I do not mean to offend, as I "know" dogs have fur coats and are meant to survive the elements. But I just know how much our animals appreciate our extra love and attention and they give so much back to us that I couldn't imagine them not being in our house and only outside.

2. If you can have a dream to come true, what would it be?
I have lots of the "typical" dreams....wonderful health for my family and self so that we can continuing enjoying life the way it is without any additional stress, maybe a vacation in the near future.

3. What is the one thing most hated by you?
Racism. Those who can actually say that they do not "like" or "accept" another for their race, sexuality, income level, etc. I just don't comprehend how anyone can judge another for the way God made them.

4. What would you do with a billion dollars?
Pay off all of ours, and our immediate families' debts.
Set up full college funds for our children.
Donate to charities that are important to us.

5. What helps to pull you out of a bad mood?
I tend to just need a little "me" time. I'll call a friend, or go alone to shop, have lunch/dinner, schedule or participate in a girls night out. That usually is all it takes for me to get out of a slump. Oh, and buying myself something usually helps, too!

6. Which is more blessed, loving someone or being loved by someone?
Both! I do feel that loving someone is much more painful sometimes. I love my kids and my family so much it hurts...especially when they hurt.

7. What is your bedtime routine?
Wash face, brush teeth, crawl into bed and sleep.
My kids are my alarm (twins at 6-630).

8. If you are currently in a relationship, how did you meet your partner?
College.

9. If you could watch an creative person in the act of the creative process, who would it be?
Seriously?
I'm blown away and impressed with ANYONE that has a creative bone in their body. I do find that I love to watch people make pottery on a spinning wheel, and when I've had the chance, I love to watch people blow glass. Very interesting the amount of concentration and skill involved in both. I also love to watch a skilled pianist play the piano.

10. What kinds of books do you buy?
I don't buy books. I rent. I have bought a few of my favorite reads though, in the hopes to either read them again in the future or share with my kids and friends someday.
I have the entire Harry Potter series, as well as "The Red Tent", and "The Kite Runner".

11. How would you see yourself in ten years time?
I hope to have a job, maybe even a career, outside of the home. I do not plan to be a stay-at-home mom until my kids graduate, that is for sure. I'm hoping once the twins are in kindergarten (5 years from now) I have something that I am doing that is important to me.

12. What’s your fear?
Serious illness and death of my loved ones.

13. Would you give up all junk food for the rest of your life for the opportunity to visit outer space?
Never. I am actually annoyed with NASA as we just keep spending billions of dollars to keep sending satellites to the same places to see the same things. Yes, we have a moon. And yes, there is Mars. Get over it and start spending money on things that could actually help the human race, such as cures for Cancer and AIDS.

14. Would you rather be single and rich or married, but poor?
I would live with my husband and kids in a cardboard box before EVER giving that up for a lot of money. Money is overrated and we've become too focused on what we think we need, rather than what we have.

15. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up?
Put on my glasses, roll out of bed and tell myself, "Today is going to be a good day?!?!"

16. If you could change one thing about your spouse/partner what would it be?
Tim overreacts a lot, and even though we are 14 years into our relationship, I tend to allow myself to get sucked in too much. I just wish he could take a step back sometimes and breathe...it's NEVER as bad as he tries to paint it out to be in the beginning. But, this is why we balance one another out. (If you take the time to read this, hun, I Love ya.)

17. If you could pick a new name for yourself, what would it be? First name is fine, but if you’re feeling imaginative, you can do the whole thing.
I never used to like my name, as I thought it was boring. I always wanted to be an Andrea, or Alyssa, or something I thought was more sophisticated sounding. However, I really cannot see myself as anything but Jill. And I love my last name. Couldn't have gotten luckier falling in love with a Fox!

18. Would you forgive and forget no matter how horrible a thing that special someone has done?
As of right now, I say yes. I truly believe that anger and the inability to forgive will eat away at ones core, and destroy a person. I know that when I see someone on television that can say that they truly forgive the person that harmed or killed their loved one (especially a child), it is hard to believe one can do that, but I really think that is the only way to heal yourself.

19. If you could only eat one thing for the next 6 months, what would it be?
Pizza.

20. List 4 people to tag
Diana, Jaci, Sarah, and Jenny

No comments: