It may be some comfort to know that these toddlers don't really want to drive us crazy, they just want to understand how we work.
-Alison Gopnik

Monday, November 8, 2010

Fall 2010

As the twins are getting older, we of course are finding that it is getting easier to get "out and about" as a family. Yes, it is still a lot of work, packing an extra-large diaper bag to include snacks, extra clothes, etc., and then there is the double stroller that cannot be forgotten...
however as compared to last year when we didn't do ANYTHING (it seemed), we were quite busy this fall, which was very nice for us all.

Here are pictures from a few of our adventures.

***********************************

Our yard has "baby" trees, and therefore very few leaves. So we've made it a point to rake a big pile of leaves at Nana and Bumpa Shoe's house every year since Gage was little and let the kids jump in the leaves. The twins reacted the same way Gage did at the age of 1: NOT HAPPY. We took a couple of quick pics, and then they were much happier walking around the yard and climbing Nana's steps. They had JUST started walking here...in fact, Bronson wasn't fully walking yet, so it was quite interesting to watch the "stumbling".

Landon, Gage, Bronson


Right before the tears

Bronson, Landon

Landon

Bronson (so proud he pulled himself up to standing!)


Bronson, Landon



Gage


****************************
Halloween was very fun this year. Gage had stated early-on that he wanted to be a Fireman this year. I had two hand-me-down Elmo costumes that I had planned on using, however a brilliant (ha) idea popped in my head one day that I should make the boys Dalmations and pull them in a firetruck (the wagon with some cardboard "help"). Long story short, I stumbled upon exactly two Dalmation costumes at Marshall's completely by accident, so I knew I had to do it. The week before Halloween, Tim was gone for work the entire week and I came down with a terrible cold and laryngitis for two days. Needless to say, I didn't get a chance to make the cardboard "firetruck", although I did purchase the spray paint...
Bronson
Landon
Gage



No matter how hard we try...it's too difficult to get a great shot!
I'll take this one, however. Turned out great!



Our town always has "downtown" trick-or-treating on an afternoon around Halloween. This year it was from 1-5pm on Friday prior to the holiday. It works out great for families with small children, and the kids had a blast and came home with lots of candy.





There was even a jumpy castle set up on a sidestreet that Gage jumped in and the twins watched happily.

Nana and Bronson

*********************************

Our family (including my mom and Ken) took our first train ride on the scenic Ossceola railway this October. It was a very nice time, and highly recommended to my friends and family to try with your families! It runs weekends and some special weekday events May-October and the price is very reasonable. The train goes very slow, and you can walk from car to car freely. There is a concession car with treats for sale, and the very last car has a little "porch" that you can stand on and stick your head out the side and feel the breeze! (Gage is covering his ears as the train had just let out it's "whistle" and he is very sensitive to loud noises...so he's covering his ears in case it goes again, even though we reassured him it wouldn't!)

Here is our family right before getting on the train. The two people in the photo are the "conductor" and the lady taking the tickets. The entire railway is ran by volunteers.

Bronson and I
Daddy and Landon (Tim has been scolded to start smiling in photos and stop looking so damn grumpy all the time!)






Landon






Being silly with Bumpa...in the backseat of the van! (On the way home from the train ride).

Landon snuggling with mommy
Bronson

No comments: