Landon is a HAM. I actually call him "Ham Sandwich", b/c the kid is always doing something to grab the attention of others. He loves to yell "Hiiiiii" as loud as he can, and always to complete strangers. He also loves to yell "Da-deeeeeee" to every.single.male that ever walks by, which makes me look like a floozie. His new thing is walking backward, so he loves to work on that skill, and just laughs out loud as he's doing it.
He also really loves me. I thought that Bronson would tend to be more of the "momma's boy" I prayed so hard for, but I think it's going to be Landon. I usually cannot walk away without him running to find me, and the reaching his arms up for a hug, only to squirm and want to be set back down again. He is also having a very hard time separating from me lately, which for a stay-at-home mom, I leave my kids A LOT. So, I still go, and he still cries, but he gets over it within 5 minutes I've been told. At least the babysitters have been coming back...
LandonGage is also a ham. The kid is not shy, and never has been. His thing right now is being a huge Vikings fan. Whenever he sees someone with a Vikings shirt or jersey on, he has to make sure they know that "They are my favorite team, too". And when we walk past the green and gold? "Yuck. I don't like that team, mom!" as loud as he can say...
He has recently started a "Learn to Skate" program in which he is preparing himself to be a hockey player. Sigh. We'll see. He really does love it though and asks every morning, "Is today a hockey day, mom?" He is doing really well in school and is constantly reciting letters that he sees, and is now sounding them out and trying to read! ARGH! We are still pretty sure we are holding him next year, so that he will be an older kindergartener, rather than one of the youngest....but I still struggle with whether or not that is the right decision. We'll see this spring...
He has recently started a "Learn to Skate" program in which he is preparing himself to be a hockey player. Sigh. We'll see. He really does love it though and asks every morning, "Is today a hockey day, mom?" He is doing really well in school and is constantly reciting letters that he sees, and is now sounding them out and trying to read! ARGH! We are still pretty sure we are holding him next year, so that he will be an older kindergartener, rather than one of the youngest....but I still struggle with whether or not that is the right decision. We'll see this spring...
Bronson is my stinker as of late. Whereas he used to be a little more reserved and quiet, he is now the one that I have to keep a close eye on, as he tends to be the one getting into things that he shouldn't (toilet, dog dish) and then when scolded, he will either look at you with this serious face and turn around and do it again...or he'll scrunch up his face and start to fake-cry...which is really cute and kind of melts your heart a little. He LOVES Gage, and says "Daaaage" whenever Gage comes into the room or is near, and he also loves the kitty, "Day-dee" (Daisy) and likes to chase her around the house. I've started putting his nuks up on a shelf during the day, trying to only keep him to having one at nighttime or nap, (as they will be gone before he's two!) but the little turd reaches up high on his tip-toes to get it off the shelf, then cries when I take it away from him. He's a honey.
***************
Last but not least, here is Gage showing Nana and Aunt Tee-Tee, "Look, I can even cut vegetables with my eyes closed!"
Nice.
Nice.




1 comment:
great pictures and stories about the kids. fun! they are growing up fast.
Post a Comment