I was in the process of my normal Monday morning routine at the gym, which consists of unloading 3 small children, a large double stroller and several bags, when an older gentleman in a large pickup pulled up and started to talk to me. Quite honestly, I expected to hear my "normal". "My, you have your hands full!" or "Wow, look at you! All that for a work out!" But instead I heard, in a most genuine and gentle voice,
"I just can't believe all that you mom's go through. You do such a wonderful job, and I just don't think many of us men realize what a great job you do. Keep it up, you are doing good things".
I gave him a very genuine smile, and I even fought back tears when I told him a heartfelt "Thank You" and that I really appreciated his kind words.
God has worked in very mysterious ways for me recently. On two mornings in the past month I have been shown that he really is watching out for me. One morning he sent someone to purchase my coffee through the espresso drive through (which is something I literally treat myself to once a month or less!) and then the kind man today. It always seems to happen when either I'm already having a rough morning getting everyone out the door...or like today, when the morning was fine, but the afternoon turned sour when Bronson vomited all over himself in his crib at naptime.
No comments:
Post a Comment