It may be some comfort to know that these toddlers don't really want to drive us crazy, they just want to understand how we work.
-Alison Gopnik

Monday, November 22, 2010

Simply Exhausted!

It's only at the very end of my day, when my legs are wrapped up in a blanket, and the laptop is sitting on my lap, that I can actually smile and giggle at what kind of a whirlwind day I just experienced.

Today:
  • I attempted to locate 2 of our 5 cordless phones. I found one in the diaper pail among the dirty diapers (just wet ones, the stinky ones go outside, but still). The other I found stuffed inside the couch cushions. On a part of the couch that we rarely sit on, so an adult did not place it there.
  • In my search through the couch cushions, I found Landon's toothbrush that has been missing since Sunday (we went and bought 4 more on Monday), a smooshed banana crusted to the cushion, and Gage's "favorite" race car, or so he says.
  • I found, and had to replace 2 of the register vents that the twins are currently obsessed with. I keep finding the vents off, and toys stuffed inside. Yesterday, I caught them sitting in my room, the vent out of the floor, and both had one leg sticking inside. Last weekend, I pulled roughly 20 Megablocks out of the vent, which curves down and becomes unreachable past a few inches. I have one heck of a scratch on my arm to prove I was digging.
  • I found my hairbrush in my bathtub, next to two pantyliners (which were ruined because of the dripping faucet!)
  • I picked up my pots and pans scattered throughout my kitchen not one, not two, but on three separate occasions.
  • I only had to pick up my Tupperware/Rubbermaid containers once today. I think that's a record.
I can honestly say there is a whole lot more to add, but I'm afraid if I keep going, you may not believe me.

I never remember Gage being so "busy". Into everything. Constantly. I'm sure he was, and I'm sure it was just a whole lot easier since he was just one person, and he was my only. But holy crap.

It's a fun phase, and I'm trying my very best to enjoy it as I know it will pass much too quickly.

But I would be lying if I said I don't look forward to bedtime...just for a few hours to myself and some peace and quiet.

3 comments:

Swanson Family said...

this made me smile. i like it a lot. just think if you weren't at home you wouldn't get to do all these things!

Jaci said...

Cory had to drill screws into our vents because Milo did the same thing. Just two screws and we attached them all. They used to be full of toys & worse, food!

That was a funny post though--I still have days like that with just my two devils. Sunday was like a tornado hit my house.

The Foskett Family said...

oh you crack me up! Those little twins just know they can gang up on you!

We have had vent issues too...and then we tried Jaci's screw idea and badda bing....no more troubles and our house seems to be warmer!

I did hear the toddlers saying "now where does mom keep that screwdriver?" so I think they are back to plotting...but our team is still 2 on 2 so we seem to be keeping ahead them for now!