It may be some comfort to know that these toddlers don't really want to drive us crazy, they just want to understand how we work.
-Alison Gopnik

Sunday, November 11, 2007

One Great Weekend

Wow! What a great weekend the Fox family experienced! Really, nothing special happened, and we really didn't travel much outside the city limits, but it was just a nice and refreshing weekend!

On Friday night, I "attempted" to scrapbook at my friend Denise's house. There were 6 of us there, and I only knew 2 of the other 5 people. I say "attempted" because I drank a glass of wine and talked more than I scrapped. Imagine that. Me. Talking?

On Saturday, my friends Yvonne and Sarah and I went shopping at the Mall of America. We have been planning this for months as we only spend time together WITH our kids. We decided to take a day and go shopping just for ourselves and even eat at a nice restaurant. We ate at Tucci Bennuch and it was fabulous. The best part of the meal was that there was not one high chair sitting at our table and I didn't pick one piece of food up off the floor. It was very refreshing. Oh, and I did end up buying two shirts and a hat for Gage, but the rest of the day was spent on me!

On Sunday, Tim and I became official members of the church we have been attending in Roberts. We had a light lunch and Tim spent the day outdoors with the neighbor, doing hunting related things that I choose not to ask about. (I wouldn't get it anyway). I spent the day indoors hanging out with Gage until he napped, then I started getting ready for my first lia sophia party that I have on Tuesday night. I have 5 parties booked so far, and I know that once the parties start, the bookings will follow. I'm really excited for this opportunity.

To end off the weekend, Tim and I went to a dinner/comedy show here in town that was held at a local steakhouse. The mom's group that I am a part of went together as a large group and the place was packed. Not just with mom's group people, but a large number of people from the community as well. The comedian was funny and the food was alright. Was he as funny as my brother-in-law? (No, but it's nothing personal). BUT...It was a fun night out, and Gage does very well with our high school babysitter. We really like her, too.

I still have a hard time believing that my Teague is gone. I try not to dwell on it much, however I keep looking for him in the house, or even when I go to bed at night I expect to roll over and he will be there. I miss him more than I thought that I would. It is amazing how the grief process works. I can't imagine what I would do without one of my family members.

No comments: