Oh, this weather is weird in Wisconsin!
The past two days I was walking around without a jacket on and now today I noticed that we are getting small snowflakes again. WEIRD.
The reason I was even outside is because I noticed that our mailbox was once again laying in the middle of the road. We have a Fisher-Price-looking plastic mailbox that slides on and off the pole. We didn't buy it, it was here when we moved in. If it is windy where YOU live, multiply that by about 100 and that is how windy it is here. The wind is usually blowing northeast, and therefore it blows our mailbox right off its post.
So why do we keep this plastic mailbox, you may be wondering??
Well, out here in the boonies, it is not uncommon to see the metal mailboxes all smashed to hell. Yeah, country kids (and I was one of these) usually like to drive around the back country roads with the prized baseball bat looking for mailboxes to smash. Fun, huh? I say "I was one of these" referring to being a country kid. I NEVER smashed mailboxes. Really!
But seriously, on my way "to town" (another country-like saying) I pass at least 3 metal mailboxes that have been smashed to hell. The people just leave them up, even if the box's door doesn't shut all the way. I mean, why would you go out and buy a NEW mailbox if your options were 1) Buy another metal one that is just going to get smashed, or 2) Buy a plastic one that will just blow off on every windy day? It it windy EVERY day.
We choose to keep the plastic mailbox.
How is THIS for useless information! I just never want anyone to miss the joys that country life offers.
Jealous yet?
2 comments:
LOL, you make me laugh that you can blog about a mailbox. I love it. I read the whole thing wondering what you were going to do "in town" get a new mail box or say screw it!!!!
:)
too funny. i don't know what i would hate worse - putting back up the smashed one, or picking it up after it blew off the post 1000 times. errr.
Post a Comment