Oh, and did I mention a hospital admission?!?!?!
Yep. I'm serious. Gage (and his mom and dad) spent Tuesday night in the hospital, here in my hometown.
I did take some pictures (for the scrapbook, of course!) of our little punkin' while he was in a super cute little hospital gown sucking down the end of a nebulizer tube, but I won't be able to download them until we get home next weekend.
Long story short: Gage had a regular cold all last week and into the weekend. Nothing too unusual until he woke up during the night Sunday night sounding like a barking seal. I took him into the ER on Monday morning where they diagnosed him with another ear infection and gave us antibiotics for his lungs, which they said sounded bad, but not yet worthy of an X-Ray. By Tuesday morning, you could actually hear the poor kid breathing from across the room, and he was working very hard at taking a breath. You could see his chest dipping in and his stomach pushing out, the opposite of how we normally look when we breathe! (They call this retraction). ANYHOW...we took him into the ER AGAIN on Tuesday for a chest X-Ray, and the doctor felt he sounded bad enough to keep him overnight.
Needless to say, it has been a long week thus far. But the good news is that he slept a solid 12.5 hours last night at my moms house and is running around like a madman today. I'm so happy to have my little man back! We do have to do nebulizer treatments during the daytime as needed, so we should well be on our way to a quick recovery!
As this was our first hospital stay (Thank God for that), I truly realize how lucky we are to have such a healthy child. My heart and our prayers go out to families who have to watch their children struggle with any type of an illness, but especially those who are chronically ill. This Thanksgiving?? I am thankful for my health and the health of all of those around me.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!
5 comments:
Jill, I'm glad to hear that he is better! It is so scary when they are that sick. We were in the ER w/Andy, he dropped an extension ladder on it while working on our house, anyways...while i was waiting w/ the kids noah picked ian up and when I was getting up to help him put ian down, noah let go and ian went crashing to the floor and knocked his front tooth loose and was bleeding like i have nexer see a mouth bleed! Needles to say we had a double whammy ER visit bill! Gotta love those brothers!
I am sorry to hear how sick Gage got, but very glad to hear he is on his way to recovery.
I remember with Ty when we had to stay in the hospital over night with a bunch of things wrong with him. No fun at all. Stay warm and hopefully you were able to enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Wow. Glad to hear he's on the mend. That's scary stuff and you feel so bad for those little dudes!
Was it croup? Cassie's little one, Riley, is fighting that off right now-- sounds exactly the same from your descriptions.
Hi Jill & Family!
It sounds like Gage has triumphed over his ordeal. How scary that must have been. I bet you are glad it’s over. You guys have a good Christmas & New Year! We will be thinking of you!
Post a Comment