My friend Leah posted a recipe on her site a few weeks ago, and I thought it was a great idea to share. I rarely cook, but if and when I do (and IF it turns out) the recipe was most likely found on Kraftfoods.com (LOVE this site!) and it's nothing to brag about. However I have been making a soup for many years from a recipe I got from my mom, and it's one of my favorite cold-day meals.
My friend Yvonne came over on Monday to sit with Gage while I took care of putting Teague down, so I made her some of this soup (as I happened to have all the ingredients) and it's quite easy to just throw together. She raved about it and asked for the recipe, so I thought that I would share with you.
Creamy Potato Soup
Peel and dice 10-12 medium potatoes into small cubes.
Add 2-3 thinly sliced carrots
1 small diced onion
2 stalks celery, finely chopped
Enough water to just cover all ingredients in a pot
Salt and pepper (a few good shakes of each)
Cook on a slow boil until the potatoes are nearly done
Add 6 chicken bouillon cubes
1 can evaporated milk
1/4 cup butter
2 Tbsp parsely flakes
2 tsp margeram (found in spice aisle)
Cook on a slow boil until done, stirring occasionally. I've found that the longer you let simmer, the better the flavor, just remember to occasionally stir.
Enjoy!
1 comment:
i love when people share recipe's! i'll have to add this to my collection!
Post a Comment