I'm not Oprah, so don't expect any free handouts at the end of this post! However, I find myself talking an awful lot about random things that I am currently into: Magazines, household appliances, books, television shows. While doing my occasional blogsite visits, I have found that other people sometimes create posts on the things that they consider their current "favorites" and I thought it would be a good idea to share mine with you.
A few of my favorites, as of January 14, 2008:
1. My Dyson vacuum cleaner. Love it. Love it, love it, love (picture Molly Shannon sitting on the couch of a Saturday Night Live episode kicking her heels in the air) it. My friend Stacy offered to lend me her Dyson about a year ago and I was absolutely SHOCKED to find the amount of crud that her vacuum sucked out of my already-vacuumed-with-my-Kirby carpet. Within a week, we bought our own and I have since borrowed it out to another friend (Suzi) who has also ran to a store to buy HER own. They are amazing. Simply amazing and highly recommended by everyone that has ever owned one. Expensive, yes, but amazing. Don't buy it off the direct site as we did NOT pay that much...
look for deals at local stores!
2. The book Tim and I are currently reading together: The Five Love Languages.
I am not a marriage therapist, so I am not even going to begin to try and explain this book here. If interested, check it out. We are loving it and finding it very interesting.
3. The class that I am taking at my local YMCA, "BodyPump". I like it so much, I may look into being an instructor for it! Don't laugh. I'm serious! If you are a member of a Y, and they offer the class, I'd highly recommend it. After the first class, you will have a hard time walking the next day, but it gets better, I promise. And the music ROCKS. There is this new mix of Boston's "More Than a Feeling". I think I am going to download it right now.
4. The TV show on Sunday nights on ABC: Brothers and Sisters. God I love this show! It is SOOOOO good. I have always loved Sally Field, and have never liked Calista Flockhart (Ally McBeal) however she has really grown on me. It's a great show, especially if you can DVR it and shoot through all the stupid commercials.
5. Johnson's Bedtime Lotion. Ah, it smells so wonderfully delicious you just may want to eat your baby (or kid, or husband? Or, SELF??) up after this is put on! Seriously. I will forever have a memory of my little boy running around in his footed jammies, grabbing for his bedtime books and snuggling on my lap when I EVER inhale this smell. For the rest of my life. Love it!
I thought I would come up with many more, and I'm sure I could rave about my current face lotion or shoes that I found at DSW. Or maybe I could tell you all about the specific name brand of the cherry tomatoes we have been buying lately. But you probably don't even care about the 5 favorites I even listed, much less caring to hear about my favorite type of bra.
If you have a blog, I challenge you to share some of YOUR favorites. I promise I'll check 'em all out!
8 comments:
maybe i'll have to post some favorites soon! :)
i love the bedtime lotion and i need a dyson (however with only two rooms that have carpet in my house - i find it hard to justify).
I really, really want a Dyson. Your post makes me want one even more!
Oh yeah...Brothers & Sister is my official favorite show, too.
Do you find yourself crying with each episode????
I don't necessarily cry, but I do get kinda worked up. It's so GOOD and it just sucks you into their emotion...
Every one of the actors/actresses are phenomenal (in my mind)
I LOVE my Dyson too! I've had it for about 4 yrs and it still works as good as the day I bought it!
So glad I could be such an inspiration. ; )
I think Dyson owes me some referral bonuses or something.
Sometime have to borrow your dyson vac when you come to visit.
You said you skip though the comercials. I think you should be doing advertising with the product you like on t.v.
Ooh, this is a good one. I'll have to think of some good ones. Hmmm...Great idea!
Post a Comment