It may be some comfort to know that these toddlers don't really want to drive us crazy, they just want to understand how we work.
-Alison Gopnik

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Gage Update

I feel that I haven't really given a good Gage update in awhile, and even though I am in dire need of a shower right now, and the nap-clock is a-tickin' , I will go ahead and do this quickly before I forget.

Gage: At his last weigh-in, Gage was 28 lbs., and about 34 inches tall. He has completely grown out of all of us 18 mos. pants (too short), however the 24 mos. and 2T pants are way too big on him yet. He really has thinned out in the past couple of months. Actually, the jeans I had on him in his 19 mos. pictures in mid February are too short on him now and I packed them away.

Gage is talking a TON. He has just started saying more 2, 3, and 4 word sentences. His new thing is "Hi, Mommy", "Hi, Daddy", (or Jazz, or Nana, or Bumpa, or baby).
As he was eating his dinner yesterday I swore I heard him say, "I want more yummies". He wouldn't repeat it, but when I said, "do you need some more?" he said yes.

He is still sassy as ever. Whenever you ask him to "please stop", or "no", he will do it another 3 times before you finally say, "one more time or you will have to take a time-out". Sometimes he stop, with a smile on his face of course, but he usually will look at us, smile, and do it again. What is he usually doing? Pounding on the wall, floor, or any other piece of furniture that we'd rather not have dented and smashing it with his toy hammer (which is now hidden) or anything else that is hard enough to pound with. I think I am going to look for a toy workbench the next time I am at Target.

Now that it is warm out, he constantly wants to be "outside". His pronounciation of this word is actually, "out-SHide", highly stressing the "SHide" part. "Mama, outshide. Outshide Mama". I am very excited for these nicer days, as it is so much easier to play with him than when it was cold and windy!

Gage loves his books. We have the book "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom" and he refers to this as the "boom boom". Guess how many times a day I get to hear THAT? "Boom Boom, Mama".

He is such a DANCING KING. No matter what the tunes, you'll find him swaying and bumping up and down. Wonder where he gets THAT from. He is in love with the "hot dog" song from Mickey's Clubhouse cartoon. We sing that many times a day and I have to say that I have Minnie's dance move down quite well.

He's become a picky eater. You can always count on him to eat his veggies and fruits like they are ice cream (no complaints), but he is refusing to eat most everything we offer him lately except hot dogs and crackers. Some days, I don't know how he has enough energy to get through the day, but the Dr. is not worried, and he isn't losing any weight, so I'm assuming this is just a stage.

I think that is all I can come up with for now. Of course, every day in the Fox house is an adventure within itself, and we keep our days quite busy. We go to the library every Monday for storytime, Tuesdays are either mom's group meetings and daycare day. I have put him in daycare one day a week so I can spend my time getting caught up on my jewelry stuff. (Super busy--SIX parties already scheduled for April!!) Wednesdays is a free day that I either head out to meet a friend, or run errands. Like today. Going nowhere, fast. Thursdays we have a weekly play group with 4 other moms and toddlers. Even though the kids have fun, the mom's rely on this group--indefinitely. Friday's are another free day. But those free days usually don't stay free for long, b/c I tend to like to get out of here as much as possible.

Have a great rest of the week. Hoping the family and friends appreciated this bit of info on our little man.


1 comment:

Cory Dukowitz said...

If you want I can get you a copy of the "hot dog" song. I can get that for you. It is one of Q's favorites and so I HAD to download it.

FYI: when you get a workbench - they always come with a HAMMER, so now you'll have 2 to hide instead of 1. Next time you are at our house you will go into a closet and find 1 toy hammer in each one. I feel for you and your walls.