I decided to have Gage help me make cookies the other day. Well, that lasted all of about 10 minutes. After an egg got dropped on the floor, and the oatmeal (that he was helping me to stir) was all over the chair and the floor, I decided to fill up the kitchen sink and let him play. He had a blast, for about 10 minutes. 4 towels (bath size), one apron, and two changes of clothes later, he finally went and played by himself in the living room while I baked the cookies. (We still told Daddy that Gage made the cookies for him, though).
It may be some comfort to know that these toddlers don't really want to drive us crazy, they just want to understand how we work.
-Alison Gopnik
Friday, March 14, 2008
Just Playin'
I decided to have Gage help me make cookies the other day. Well, that lasted all of about 10 minutes. After an egg got dropped on the floor, and the oatmeal (that he was helping me to stir) was all over the chair and the floor, I decided to fill up the kitchen sink and let him play. He had a blast, for about 10 minutes. 4 towels (bath size), one apron, and two changes of clothes later, he finally went and played by himself in the living room while I baked the cookies. (We still told Daddy that Gage made the cookies for him, though).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is just too cute! I swear you love having them help you but it just is sooo much easier when they don't... but what fun is that.
Very cute!
Post a Comment