It may be some comfort to know that these toddlers don't really want to drive us crazy, they just want to understand how we work.
-Alison Gopnik

Monday, March 24, 2008

Fabulous-Fabulous-Fabulous

Despite the inch or so of snow we received here in Wisconsin on Easter morning (I was scratching my head wondering if I'd missed a few months and Santa was supposed to come, rather than the Easter bunny??) our family experienced a fabulous and fun Easter Sunday! The whole weekend was a blast, to be honest.

Due to the amount of snow that we woke up to on Friday morning, Tim decided to work from home rather than fight traffic and spend a good majority of his day in the car. He is fortunate enough to get to do this every once in awhile, and I cannot lie and say that it doesn't help me out immensely! I was able to get a lot of cleaning and organizing done that I thought I was going to have to do into the evening on Friday night.

Saturday morning, I met a couple of my friends in Woodbury and got a pedicure (only to put my socks and shoes back on, but "ooh it felt so good") and went to lunch at my favorite joint, Red Lobster. We spent the day shopping in Woodbury and I didn't get home until nearly 6! It was a much deserved and needed day on all our parts!
Saturday night, we attempted to decorate our Easter eggs, which was a challenge within itself. I was the goof who bought the cheapest egg decorating kit that came with only 3 colors. Let's just say that we have a lot of blue, yellow, (and therefore green!) eggs with a few pale pink ones as the red tablet was a flop. Gage was more interested in sticking his hands in all of the colored water and trying to drink it (um, doesn't vinegar stink??) rather than actually dipping the eggs, so we were glad we had put a lot of newspapers down.

On Sunday, Tim had to help serve communion at both the 7 and 10 AM services at our church, and Gage and I met him at 9 for the youth group breakfast. I did put Gage in a boys' version of an Easter outfit, complete with a little newsboy cap. He looked so darn cute! I will post pictures later today or tomorrow...promise.
Gage made through the entire service, only running around a little bit and being bribed to sit on mommy's lap with jelly beans and crayons. After church, we arrived home to discover that the Easter Bunny had visited while we were at church, (Daddy had to leave for church at 630AM and really wanted to be sure the Easter bunny waited until he was home to see Gage find his basket) and we went looking for Gage's basket and some eggs we found were hidden around the house. Gage was more interested in all the chocolate and had about 4 pieces before all the eggs were discovered!

We then hosted Easter dinner at our house. The guests: Tim's parents Judy, Gary, and sister Jacqueline; Tim's sister Carrie, husband Don, and son Hunter; my mom Barb and her husband Ken, and my dad Tom all came for a wonderful dinner. Gage went without a nap all day, but was a complete joy and soaked up all the attention! This will be his last holiday as the youngest cousin, as baby Brian is on his way any day now (hence the absence of Mike and Arianne at Easter this year), and Carrie and Don are expecting a baby girl, Lily, in August.

After everyone left around 5 pm, I started to clean up while Tim and Gage popped in a movie and fell asleep from 5-7!! I woke them up around 7 and Gage was then in bed by 8 and slept until 7:15 this morning. Poor little bugger....so tired!

Auntie Katie is in town today through Wednesday and we are just going to hang out and enjoy one another's company.

If I haven't said it before...my heart is full and I am truly blessed.

2 comments:

Swanson Family said...

sounds very nice. I am glad you had such a wondreful Easter with all of your family and now you get some downtime with your sister!

Jaci said...

Hoppy Easter to you all! Sounds like it was a fabulous holiday.

:o)