It may be some comfort to know that these toddlers don't really want to drive us crazy, they just want to understand how we work.
-Alison Gopnik

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Weighing on My Mind

Okay. So I have a few things that have been weighing on my mind lately, and I want to get them off my chest.
  • I've been really bad at posting lately, especially pictures of Gage. Why? Because the few times a day I get on the computer I blog-surf and do so some of my work, and answer the whopping 2-3 emails I may get from friends or family throughout the day. It takes time to post pictures: At least 5 minutes to upload the photos, another few minutes to go through them and delete the bad ones and do any cropping. (I don't have photoshop so this isn't anything fancy, trust me). Then it takes another 10-15 minutes to post them on the blog. So, I just have to find 30 minutes of at least every-other day to do this. My goal: To post more often, and to include more pictures. Let's just say, 2 times per week to start.
  • I am trying to teach myself how to meditate and teach myself how to clear my mind at any given moment and think of nothing but the moment. I am very high-strung lately, and feel like my mind races a million miles a minute on any average day. When I REALLY put all that I have to do into perspective, it's minimal: however I suffer from anxiety for a reason: I can't help it. My goal: To learn how to meditate and clear my mind at any given moment. Sigh.
  • I am being particular about something. I want to find some used outdoor play equipment for Gage, particularly a slide and climbing mechanism and a playhouse. I have been searching Craigslist and scanning the local newspapers looking for used, but I am not having any luck. They are a hot commodity, those outdoor toys, and I'm one of a thousand people currently looking in my area, I'm sure. I know we will just end up going out and buying a new one anyway, as we always do when we don't have luck searching, but I feel guilty paying that much when I know there are ones to be given away for much, much less. My goal: Look for outdoor toys for 2 more weeks, then go and buy some.
  • Although it's been a long while since I've stressed about my weight, I am really upset with my eating habits lately. Easter Sunday sent me over the edge with 3 desserts and more candy than I care to count and all my pants are tight and the muffin-top is turning into a bubbling volcano, and spilling over the sides. My goal: cut the sweets (only allowing one per week) and try to increase the veggies and fruits, just to get those pants a little more loose and the gushing lava back under control.
  • I think that is it. I will try to get this list started today. My goal: start this list today.

3 comments:

A Day In The Life.... said...

Dang it!! I spit out my Diet Dew when I read about the volcano!

Swanson Family said...

Love this post.

Can yu tell me again what kind of jeans your HOT MOMMA jeans are that you had on at girls night? I need a pair once I drop my own 10- pounds.

I wish you much luck on your list, I know you can do it. You do it all and are great at it!

Jaci said...

I love the organizational skills babe! Writing the list is the first part--and the hardest part...then once you've committed, it'll all flow together. Right?!?! :o) I'll make a deal--check in w/me on my progress & I'll do the same w/you. Motivation!

:o)