It may be some comfort to know that these toddlers don't really want to drive us crazy, they just want to understand how we work.
-Alison Gopnik

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Holy Hiatus

Hiatus:–noun, plural -tus·es, -tus.
1.a break or interruption in the continuity of a work, series, action, etc.

I'm back from my unplanned hiatus. And with my being back, you can scroll down and see all of my postings from the weekend of April 12th to the present.

You can see where we've been, and what we've been doing. What I do NOT have posted is my lia sophia jewelry sales. I had an AWESOME month. And as requested by my friend Jaci, I will be posting a link to my lia sophia site on the right of this page. What started out as "Let's just see how these goes" has now turned in to an actual income for my household! I am providing again! Whoopee!

On another note...
my son decided that he didn't want to wait until July to start practicing his terrible 2's. Seriously. This week has consisted of about 42 temper tantrums, 14 time outs, 3 milk spills, and 2 slaps on mama's arm (that resulted in one of the 14 listed time outs). Wow. I don't know who this kid is, but he is NOT the child who has been staying here for the past 20 months or so. Tim and I have to regroup one of these nights and talk about how we are going to discipline on the same page, as I have a feeling Gage is getting away with things with one parent, that he is not getting away with the other one.

I have to say that it is cute at times, but it has seriously been testing my patience. But, I am proud to say that I feel that I've done a good job thus far. This parenting thing sure doesn't come with an instruction manual, however when you have good parents yourself, it's amazing what you teach and pass on to your own kids, just because "you know". Thanks to our moms and dads.

5 comments:

Jaci said...

Holy cow! I have been busy catching up on the Foxes for like 20 minutes. Thanks for the updates (even though I just saw you last weekend--and will be blessed with your presence again this weekend!!)

jenny said...

talk about a blog update! sweet!

Jill said...

Hey. Don't tell me you haven't been checking the site for the past freaking month wondering what the hell happened to me!

The Van Nuland Family said...

I will admit it.. I have been wondering if you were still alive or not!

Swanson Family said...

Love all the updates! Thanks Jill!