I had my 32 week appointment today. I'll have Tim take a belly shot later today. I may even throw a comparison photo on here from my 39th week picture of my pregnancy with Gage. This was my last belly shot, as I delivered on my due date with Gage. I am the exact same weight right now as I was during my last week with Gage, AND I found out today that the babies weigh more together than Gage ever did when I was pregnant with him!! Nuts, huh?
The Dr. calls "Baby A" the one that is always in the position to come out first, if I were to go into labor right now. Let's just say that these two boys are literally fighting for "first" place. Each ultrasound, for the past 3 months, they have switched as to who is "lower" in the birth canal. It's kind of a hoot. I want to give them each their names now, but I don't know which one should be which. I think I'll just have to wait until we see them.
Therefore, Baby "A" is the boy on my right this time, and he weighed in at approximately 3 lbs., 15 oz today with a heartbeat of about 138 bpm. Baby "B" is the boy on my left (and the one that has literally been kicking the crap out of me for the past 2 weeks; very, very active compared to his twin) weighed in around 4 lbs, 3 oz, with a heartbeat of about 140 bpm. Again, these are just estimations; the Dr. measures their heads, their stomachs (both had FULL bladders, just like their mum) and their femur bones in order to get an approximate weight. It's been very interesting seeing all of these parts on a monthly basis. It's actually getting more difficult for me to tell what the Dr. is looking at as they grow. When they were smaller, their "parts" were much easier to distinguish but as they grow, I'm having a hard time telling what is what.
I was also checked for any dilation today and there is NONE. This is very good thing, as I've been having some very bad back and "side" pains the past week with a lot of Braxton/Hicks contractions, especially in the evening hours. I'm really starting to hurt as the day goes on and am taking each day slower and slower. I really want to get these boys to the 37 week mark, and I begin seeing my Dr. weekly starting NOW. I have my 33 and 34 week appointments already on the calendar.
We're getting down there, folks. It's been an amazing journey thus far and I know that the BEST is yet to come! I'm so excited!
3 comments:
Glad to hear there's no dilation, you seemed really worried when we were up at your place about those pains. Hang in there, kiddo, I'm praying for ya. = )
Take it easy lady....this might be your only chance to RELAX for the next year (ok...you know what I mean!!!) It also won't be as much of a culture shock for the big brother when the twins arrive and consume A LOT of your time!
awesome to hear all is well with you and the babies. I am exited for their arrival, but can wait another 5 weeks for sure!
Take Care!
Mar
Post a Comment