It may be some comfort to know that these toddlers don't really want to drive us crazy, they just want to understand how we work.
-Alison Gopnik

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Fun weekend

It was the neighboring towns' "Good Neighbor Days" celebration this weekend, and since our church is located in this town, we like to go and participate in what they have to offer. The weather was PERFECT for it this weekend, especially if you are pregnant! Not to hot, and not too cold.
Tim worked the pancake breakfast sponsored by our church from 6-10AM, then he came home and we went back as a family so Gage and I could eat. In the park, the local 4-H club (run by a woman from our church) puts on games for kids, ran by the 4-H club participants. They had "pick a duck" face painting, tattoos, "fishing" for prizes, etc. Gage had a blast.
We also entered Gage in the kiddie "tractor pull". So rural!!!
He had SO much fun. He pulled the tractor 20 feet, and by his smile, you can see he loved every minute of it!








I offered to head up the Church float for the parade on Sunday. We are promoting our Vacation Bible School program June 15-19, and nobody seemed to want to organize a float. So, being the go-getter that I am, even while pregnant, I said I'd do it. I couldn't walk and hand out fliers and candy, and I sure the heck wasn't going to sit on the trailer, so I plopped my pregnant butt down behind my husband and we made a family deal of it!

It was a great weekend!!

No comments: