


I enrolled Gage in a summer pre-school program that started last week and goes through the second week of July. Too bad it didn't start in July and go through August, as this may have worked better for him to get out of here a couple of days for some "big boy" time once the twins arrive, however this has been giving me some time to get some appointments covered and errands ran.
I tried very hard to get a good picture of him before we left on his very first morning last week, however he was not cooperating. Here are a few pictures that my friend Denise took, as her son Nathan is on the right. Trent is the little boy in the middle and another one of Gage's good buddies.
He has really been enjoying it. They have "free play" time when they first arrive, then circle time, with songs and stories, a craft, and then snack. Yesterday Gage was so excited that I knew a song he had learned, and after the song was over he would say, "Okay, now go to the table and sit down for your snack". We sang the song 3 times, and he said the directions 3 times. I guess structure is a good thing!
I have him enrolled in the same program beginning in September and going through the entire school year. I still can't believe my "Baby" is no longer my baby, and that he is growing up so fast.
3 comments:
That is just toooo cute! I LOVE the backpack shots.....I can't believe how fast that little man is growing up! The teacher in me is always happy to hear when kids LOVE school. This year most of my kids do not have families, that get excited about school, so they aren't that into it either!
Very cute. I love his huge backpack!
I forgot to mention he picked that backpack out all on his own. I thought FOR SURE he'd pick a character one, but nope---he loves orange. The teacher wanted them to have larger backpacks rather than the smaller ones for kids....so they could actually put projects and papers in there w/out folding them and smashing them up. BUT...they don't make to many character/fun backpacks in larger sizes....
Post a Comment