It may be some comfort to know that these toddlers don't really want to drive us crazy, they just want to understand how we work.
-Alison Gopnik

Thursday, June 25, 2009

34 Week Update

These may be getting boring to some of you, but I know for my families' sake and those that I know read this religiously, it's nice to hear the updates each week...

Dr. appt. went fine. No measurements taken today, just the usual "stress test" which monitors heartbeats and contractions. All is going well with no concerns.

My back is really really hurting, no lie. I am on the couch or in a seated position more hours in the day than I'm not.

Dr. did say that July 20th will be our "discussion" date. If the babies are not here by then (37.5 weeks) we will discuss induction options, for the babies' safety. I really do not want to be induced, so I'm hoping they come out on their own time before then...
for more reasons than one!

Otherwise not much new to report on. Just laying low this week and being helped out by 2 of my wonderful friends, Lisa and Denise. They've taken Gage for me one day each this week for the entire day---I am very blessed. I feel less guilty knowing he's having fun playing rather than watching his mom lay on the couch all day....poor kid.

Updates as they are necessary to follow!

5 comments:

Swanson Family said...

I am glad to hear that all is going well and the babies are doing good. I am sure your back will feel relief as soon as those babies are out in the real world. Take Care. I wish I was closer so I could help out. Keep smiling and just know the end is near!

Jill said...

It's soooooooooo near! Woot Woot!

The Foskett Family said...

I remember feeling guilty in the end too and was lucky to have people to help with Nash. I hope you are faring well in this heat!

IF you're not happy with the outcome of the "discussion" it's not to late to find a new dr. Kidding! I am sure it will all work out so just keep calm and try not to worry about a thing!!! (On second thought, If they mention the word GEL....see above!) Take it easy lady...not much longer!

Jill said...

I love love love my Dr., so no switching now. He's been a Godsend and really puts me at ease and has a ton of twin experience. He even laughs at my jokes, so that is a nice perk as well!

A Day In The Life.... said...

i can't wait to meet these little guys. take care of yourself...wish i was closer to help you!!