It may be some comfort to know that these toddlers don't really want to drive us crazy, they just want to understand how we work.
-Alison Gopnik

Friday, July 10, 2009

Final Pregnancy Update ( I hope)

First of all, my apologies to my son Gage that I never got his pictures uploaded from his birthday parties. (He had two...one with a few of his little buddies, and one last Sunday with our immediate families). I can really only sit at this computer for a little while before my back is aching too bad and uploading pics on blogger takes longer than I can seem to stand. BUT....
in regard to this post, this may be the last time I have to sit at this desk pregnant!

We found out yesterday at our 36 week ultra sound that one baby is growing significantly quicker than the other; this is fairly common in twins, and although both of my boys have been neck-and-neck in growth this entire pregnancy, as of yesterday one was measuring nearly 7 lbs. and the other 5 1/2. (Yeah, and Gage alone was 7 lb. 5 oz!!!!!!!)

Therefore, my Dr., who has been pushing for a 38 week delivery, suggested that we go a week early and induce. Monday is officially 37 weeks, but the labor and delivery department at my hospital was scheduled full, so we decided to do it on Sunday instead. This works out really well for us and our family, so I'm excited he said Sunday rather than Tuesday!

If the boys don't have other ideas such as coming tonight or tomorrow, then we will be going in sometime Sunday morning and the induction process will begin. I have been nervous about a handful of things this entire pregnancy and have overcome all obstacles but three: 1) Induction, 2) C-Section, and 3) Either or both of the boys having to be transported to Children's due to any complications/premature lung development, etc. So with that being said, we are just going to put this in God's hands on Sunday and pray for a safe and healthy birth of both babies, a fairly uneventful, and sorta-kinda-wouldn't-it-be-nice painless birthing process for me (I've heard induction can be pretty lengthy and uncomfortable) and a vaginal delivery at that.

Pray!

Updates will follow.....not only of our newest additions, but of my little man's 3rd birthday as well. We will have some help the first week we are home, so I just may get a chance to get to the computer and get some photos up! I know everyone will be excited to see, and I'll definitely be excited to share!

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

The Foskett Family said...

Good LUCK! YOU WILL DO GREAT!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!