It may be some comfort to know that these toddlers don't really want to drive us crazy, they just want to understand how we work.
-Alison Gopnik

Monday, July 27, 2009

Induction Day!!

It's been 2 weeks and these posts are long overdue! Thus, here begins the posts of the birth of our new baby boys! (I know you all understand that I'm a little busy, right???)

Here is my last photo taken pregnant.

Tim took this nice photo of me when I first got hooked up to the pitocin. It was probably around 9 AM. I felt good....
Oh, if only I knew what the day entailed! Nobody wants to hear the full details of my delivery and labor but with bullets, I will highlight a few of the days' events.
  • 9AM Hooked up to pitocin
  • 10AM-2pm: Walked up and down, up and down, up and down the halls of the hospital. I walked more on this date than I have in the past 3 months. All while my husband pushed my IV pole! During this time my family arrived and would spend time with me walking, or sitting in my room. My dad, Mom and Ken, and sister Katie and Johnny were all there throughout the course of the day. My Dr. also broke my water during this time frame.
  • 2pm: Received epidural
  • 7:30PM: Epidural slowly stopped working.
  • 9PM: Epidural OFFICALLY not working
  • 9:21 PM: Bronson Gary Fox was born weighing 5 lbs and 19 inches long.
  • 9:31PM: Landon Timothy Fox was born weighing 5 lbs. 6 oz. and 18.5 inches long
It was fun watching the room get ready for the babies' arrival. There were more people involved due to the fact that there were TWO babies, and that they were smaller/preterm at just 37 weeks.


1 comment:

Swanson Family said...

you looked fabulous all the way to the end... kudos to you.

you look fantastic now too!