It may be some comfort to know that these toddlers don't really want to drive us crazy, they just want to understand how we work.
-Alison Gopnik

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Takin' the Plunge

Ha! So you'll never believe my new career path! I'm going to be a Lia Sophia (jewelry) sales-lady. I think they are called advisors? Or, maybe consultants? Either way, it's my new title, and I am really pumped up! I could have sworn several years ago my exact comment may have been, "I will never be one of those stay-at-moms with a Mary Kay/Creative Memories/Pampered Chef sticker in my mini-van window". Ah, how life changes ya! So, although I am NOT selling what I said I would never sell, I did find a new avenue that I am really very excited about. For anyone not familiar with Lia Sophia, give me a week or two to get my feet wet, and then HA! You can be my guinea pig. I promise not to beg my friends to have a party, but I CAN tell you that as a hostess you get a lot of free jewelry, or at a very low cost.
There, that is the end of my schpiel. Wish me luck! (And if you are interested in hearing more, you know where to find me!)

Other updates from the Fox household: Tim is currently gone this week for his annual Vegas work conference. (I think they call it "kick-off" or something?) He says its all business-business, but I'm not dumb. Business with boozin' and schmoozin' and I'm sure a scantily-clad showgirl every now and then...(sigh).
He returns on Friday to change his clothes, repack his truck and head to North Dakota for his annual hunting trip with his friends Chris and Ron. So, two weeks in a row of just Gage and I. But this week is almost over and its been fine. I really find myself missing the adult conversation in the evenings, but Gage is so much fun and for the most part always in a good mood so that the days go fast.

We joined the YMCA, and I have been working out several times a week. I've been attending this "BodyPump" class that is kickin' my butt! But in a very good way. The pants are still snug, and that may be in part to my "life-is-short-get-the-dessert" motto that I seem to be displaying at EVERY MEAL lately, but if I go to the Y 12 times per month, I get $20 off through our insurance. Great incentive!

My mom came last night and stayed over and spent the day with us today. Totally forgot to get pictures (sorry, mom) as I have been very bad at taking pictures lately. REALLY, REALLY bad. I am going to Neillsville on Saturday to visit my parents, my friend Lori, and take Gage to a family fun day that is going on. Other than that, and our usual weekly playdates and library times, etc. not too much else new to report on. Gage is really starting to talk a lot now. I think he heard the Doctor say that he should be talking just a bit more and he wants to show him by 18 months that he IS in fact Jill's son. He repeats most everything we say to him now, some are repeated more clearly than others, and I am finding I will now officially have to watch my mouth! I find that this is particularly difficult for me while driving. There are some sh*t-head drivers out there ! (hee hee).

Well, that is all for now. Seems like life is flying by so fast lately. I am enjoying each and every day of my life, and trying to make the best of these years at home with my little man. For those wondering, we are not planning on #2 quite yet. Soon maybe, but not yet!

1 comment:

Jaci said...

Good for you & joining the 'Y'. It must be a great feeling to go & take a class like that!! Sometimes getting your butt kicked is the best feeling ever!

I need to get motivated a little more too, but I like the other thing you're doing better--life's too short: pass the dessert, and the extra glass of wine! I'm on that plan at least thru the holidays. Come January, maybe I'll turn over a new leaf! :o)